Coturnix quail colors

I am not an expert, but I hang out in a color genetics group on fb. Based on what I believe I have learned from them, I see possible sparkly in the brown in the front of photo 1 and in photo 2 I see a grau fee on the right corner (wavy lines in pattern) and the white outline in both the fees (black/gray/white) birds suggest sparkley based on similar discussions there. For the darker birds in pic 1 tibetians are very dark with a dark line/quill, where rosettas have more red and white lines. I have one I call rosetta, but she is actually a combo of both white and dark quills in her feathers so almost a hybrid of the two colors.
The two gray birds are good examples of fee vs silver. The left bird, if you look at the wild pattern stripes on its back, is not fee, the stripes are cream/off white. The falb fee next to it can be compared and you’ll see it has crisp white back markings. The markings themselves indicate wild pattern, making it a falb fee, not grau fee. Grau fee is a range pattern with fee, and will not have the back stripes. Rosetta is a range pattern, but has wild pattern characteristics like the barring and pencilling you see, because Rosetta is range crossed to wild. Range is incompletely dominant to wild pattern, so some wild characteristics will be blended in. With mixed groups, it’s pretty common to have a wide variety of difference in rosettas, as some may show more wild than others. I have a Rosetta male with some wild striping on his back, no wild stripes on his head, and was born with range pattern eyebrows. In new chicks down, wilds will have stripes and range will have eyebrows. If you cross a white Texas a&m bird to a range, you will usually get a pied bird, or tuxedo, range pattern with white areas. It is possible for the Rosetta in the front of the first pic to be het for sparkly, but I’m thinking it’s unlikely since none of the others show sparkly. If I cross a sparkly to a non, most of the offspring show definite sparkly influence. The falb fee is pretty standard for what a falb fee looks like, it probably has some range pattern in its background tho.

The two gray birds are good examples of fee vs silver. The left bird, if you look at the wild pattern stripes on its back, is not fee, the stripes are cream/off white. The falb fee next to it can be compared and you’ll see it has crisp white back markings. The markings themselves indicate wild pattern, making it a falb fee, not grau fee. Grau fee is a range pattern with fee, and will not have the back stripes. Rosetta is a range pattern, but has wild pattern characteristics like the barring and pencilling you see, because Rosetta is range crossed to wild. Range is incompletely dominant to wild pattern, so some wild characteristics will be blended in. With mixed groups, it’s pretty common to have a wide variety of difference in rosettas, as some may show more wild than others. I have a Rosetta male with some wild striping on his back, no wild stripes on his head, and was born with range pattern eyebrows. In new chicks down, wilds will have stripes and range will have eyebrows. If you cross a white Texas a&m bird to a range, you will usually get a pied bird, or tuxedo, range pattern with white areas. It is possible for the Rosetta in the front of the first pic to be het for sparkly, but I’m thinking it’s unlikely since none of the others show sparkly. If I cross a sparkly to a non, most of the offspring show definite sparkly influence. The falb fee is pretty standard for what a falb fee looks like, it probably has some range pattern in its background tho.
I'm a complete beginner with quail, and this just blows my little newbie mind :gig It's like you're talking a different language! So many little details that determine the colour. Eyebrows?! Hopefully I can pick up at least a quarter of what you know here! Very impressive.

Reviving this thread. Hoping y’all can tell me, I’m new to quail.

Attachments

• AAD88D64-A872-4855-A22A-140F16C539F1.jpeg
    AAD88D64-A872-4855-A22A-140F16C539F1.jpeg
    637.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 284BF3A4-F8D3-4F77-A533-7D2EFF9D1219.jpeg
    284BF3A4-F8D3-4F77-A533-7D2EFF9D1219.jpeg
    706.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 49CADBA9-2DC7-4C3F-B5F8-AAD73D0298A4.jpeg
    49CADBA9-2DC7-4C3F-B5F8-AAD73D0298A4.jpeg
    842.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 81B5467A-CAF0-46F6-91E7-4FF6A3C7E496.jpeg
    81B5467A-CAF0-46F6-91E7-4FF6A3C7E496.jpeg