Coturnix with a mask?

GBov

Songster
10 Years
Apr 3, 2009
One of my coturnix has a mask like a bob white. Is that normal? He is really pretty!

Pretty bird thanks for shareing. Very interesting color looks like a mix of the wild and maybe gold. What color would u classify that bird as? Maybe its just the breast but new to cots and curious?

This one came from my Jumbo Brown pen. I was trying to reproduce more of him, but I believe it's just his facial feature. Most of my Jumbo browns have the brown face. He is a nice 13 ounce male so I am still having him in the pen as a sire. Hopefully I get another male or female even pop up but right now as long as the birds are producing consistent large offspring from that pen, he stays for the time being. The extended brown gene is just more expressed in this male than others. One of my favorites for sure.

My guy with the mask is a golden. I will try to get a picture of him today but not sure if I can post it or not.

Yeah I've had goldens with dark masks, i think they are called "redheads." There is another type of mutation out there that I just saw pictures of the other day, I can't remember what they were called but I saved the pictures. They are kind of like goldens but paler with darker speckles. If anyone knows the name of them that would be great:

I have some of the paler ones with a lot of dark speckles in my brooder at the minute. I would podt pics but it wont allow me to on my phone:( I hope they end up with the red heads though as they are really nice!

I have no idea on the name of the color, but I have 1 HUGE hen that color and I get about 3 out of every 40 chicks like her. Usually one of them being huge. I would love to know what it's called. The red heads are gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom