Coughing and sneezing and a chick with half white inflated face

NewMoon5

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
Arizona
Hi, barely this morning I fed my chickens and I noticed some of my chickens with runny noses it's been happening for a few days now. They act normal but they look like if they cough or sneeze and stuff stuck on their beaks? They range from 1 1/2 year olds to 3 month chicks. They breath kind of weird and their poop is runny.
Besides that I noticed yesterday my 4 month old cochin is pale white and inflated on one side of her face to her eye, has full feathers they kind of feel pasty, and she smells? I have no idea what to do, or what's wrong, I can send pictures. Is this a disease or something? Please let me know.
sad.png

Last edited:
It sounds like one of the respiratory diseases such as MG, coryza, ILT, or infectious bronchitis. With facial swelling, I would suspect MG, but if they smell bad around the head, you could be dealing with coryza. These diseases can make carriers of you flock, and you shouldn't give away or sell birds or hatching eggs. Tylan 50 injections treat many diseases, and coryza is best treated with Di-Methox or sulfadimethoxine. Here is some info about those diseases with symptoms: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Thank you I was suspecting this which I'm guessing I need to take them to the animal hospital?Also I didn't know chickens need vaccines, wow I'm so new.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom