coughing sneezing pale combed hens

Cluckadoodleboo

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2021
hey no need for a quick reply but i went into my family members henhouse recently to get some eggs to hatch for her flock she has some white leghorn hens, and some golden comet hens . The hens behave normally but they are just sick, they cough, they wheeze, sneeze and pale comb's, could you tell me if its safe for me to bring these eggs home, and what coud be wrong with the hens, that are otherwise fine.

Last edited:
No, I would not bring those eggs home. If they have a respiratory disease it can mean the birds are carriers and the chicks that hatch will be carriers and infect your. Irds, who will then become carriers for life. I also would not go to your chickens until you have changed your clothes and shoes if you were in with hers.

X2. The hatching eggs can pass on a respiratory disease such as MG on their surface or through the egg. You can bring in diseases on your shoes and clothes. I would get baby chicks at your local feed store as young as you can. If these chicks are to go back to the relative, they should know that respiratory diseases can last forever in a flock, since new additions will get infected by the survivors. MG, coryza, infectious bronchitis virus, and ILT virus are some of the common diseases that you can read about here:
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

hey no need for a quick reply but i went into my family members henhouse recently to get some eggs to hatch for her flock she has some white leghorn hens, and some golden comet hens . The hens behave normally but they are just sick, they cough, they wheeze, sneeze and pale comb's, could you tell me if its safe for me to bring these eggs home, and what coud be wrong with the hens, that are otherwise fine.
No. I would not bring those eggs anywhere near my property.

Back
Top Bottom