Could be Coccidiosis???

I was able to get some video of him. Sorry, it's a little shaky. Notice that he keeps stepping on his own feet/toes.

0.jpg

I noticed that he keeps his tail down,any issues with his vent area? It will not hurt to treat him for cocci,but i don't really see cocci symptoms. Is he eating/drinking normal? If his poop is normal away from other roo,it is possible that the other roo is stressing him out,i also noticed that he dropped to the ground on hearing dog bark,coincidence? Is he still on some type of meds,i noticed it in his water? It is also possible that he is not 100% yet after dry pox and mite infestation.

Last edited:
I noticed that he keeps his tail down,any issues with his vent area?

I checked his vent when I dusted him with poultry powder for lice. Vent looks clean, and looks like there might be some bites from the lice. I'll check again in the morning....

I'm giving him chicken gatorade right now and flock raiser. This morning he was up and walking around with tail up. I found another poo and its to my surprise that it looks normal! I checked his vent again this morning and its normal. He still spends most of his time lying down.

However when I went into the coop I find this on the floor

Update: Corid came in today and I started treatment this afternoon. He seemed alert and was eating. I hope it works.
hide.gif

So today is day 5 of the corid treatment and there's some improvement in my roos alertness. He still lies down most of the time. I already put him back with the rest of the flock with no trouble. I did notice he's roosting one level higher than normal! .:thumbsup Could he just a lazy chicken??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom