Could Fern be a Celadon?

@Nabiki @007Sean
Does the softness of her feathers indicate what she might be? Her feathers are more soft like the bobwhite's.
I'm not very familiar with bobwiites, but coturnix are pretty soft. She's s definitely coturnix, but her colour is mixed. If she's regularly laying pale blue eggs then she's a celadon, but that doesn't answer what colour she is. In the first pic she looks like a standard pharaoh, but in the second picture she looks more washed out, a lot less brown.

I'm not very familiar with bobwiites, but coturnix are pretty soft. She's s definitely coturnix, but her colour is mixed. If she's regularly laying pale blue eggs then she's a celadon, but that doesn't answer what colour she is. In the first pic she looks like a standard pharaoh, but in the second picture she looks more washed out, a lot less brown.
She seems to have less dark feathers and a less narrow face but I son't thind the face shape counts! Compared to the males and some of the females she is very soft. The others are quite greasy.

She seems to have less dark feathers and a less narrow face but I son't thind the face shape counts! Compared to the males and some of the females she is very soft. The others are quite greasy.
Feather texture has nothing to do with sex, genetics, color or what variety she is....it's a results of her nutrition/diet and how her body responds to that nutrition.

Back
Top Bottom