Could my cat be pregnant?

hebertchick12

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 2, 2014
Raceland, LA
We had an appointment to spay our cat, Gypsy, next month. Her vet wanted to wait until she was six months old, but my husband thinks she is already pregnant. She is normally skinny, but lately her belly feels big and swollen. She is an indoor/outdoor cat, usually inside during the day and out at night. We just found out that our neighbor has a male cat. Lovely.
barnie.gif

It's very possible that she is. Cats are induced ovulators, so basically they can get pregnant any time a male mates with them. Six months is definitely not too young to get her spayed. We do them as young as eight weeks at the vet school with little complication. You could bring her in to be spayed now, even if she is pregnant and the vet will just take everything out.

It's very possible that she is. Cats are induced ovulators, so basically they can get pregnant any time a male mates with them. Six months is definitely not too young to get her spayed. We do them as young as eight weeks at the vet school with little complication. You could bring her in to be spayed now, even if she is pregnant and the vet will just take everything out.

I agree igot 2 females spayed at only 5 months.Ive read on a website that cats can't get pregnant until 6 or7 months but they can have up to 5 litters a year and get pregnant soon after birth.

Back
Top Bottom