Could my Delaware be a roo??

Hannychickenmama

Chirping
Jun 3, 2020
Hi everyone! I have four chickens that are roughly 3 months old. Unfortunately I don’t know the exact age. One of them is a Delaware and is looking suspiciously roo-like. I’m crossing my fingers it’s a hen! Let me know what you think. I attached some pictures for help.
D683102C-0BE3-4D2B-AAA7-C19549B9E5CD.jpeg
B0E2C520-5D24-4257-9FF0-88B696CD6448.jpeg

Hi everyone! I have four chickens that are roughly 3 months old. Unfortunately I don’t know the exact age. One of them is a Delaware and is looking suspiciously roo-like. I’m crossing my fingers it’s a hen! Let me know what you think. I attached some pictures for help.
View attachment 2174959View attachment 2174960
Definitely a rooster. See the tail? Generally hens of that breed don't have a long striped tail. Also, that waddle and comb seem very large for a hen, and the chest is big and buff. Keep spending time with him to raise a kind roo!

But roosters do look manly...some 😂
I thought my first rooster was a girl for 10 MONTHS and he was walking around with flipping huge spurs before I realized.
I wondered why he kept craning his neck and yelling at me....
So I really can't talk. 😂

Definitely a rooster. See the tail? Generally hens of that breed don't have a long striped tail. Also, that waddle and comb seem very large for a hen, and the chest is big and buff. Keep spending time with him to raise a kind roo!

I have a very friendly rooster on my hands!! HE is always coming up to say hi and eats right out of my hands. Doesn’t like to be picked up but quiets down after a while.

I wonder though about the egg situation. I’m going to be sharing eggs with friends and neighbors. I know it’s perfectly fine to eat fertilized eggs, I just don’t want anyone getting a “surprise” If they let their eggs sit and don’t refrigerate. anyone have thought on how to manage that?

I have a very friendly rooster on my hands!! HE is always coming up to say hi and eats right out of my hands. Doesn’t like to be picked up but quiets down after a while.

I wonder though about the egg situation. I’m going to be sharing eggs with friends and neighbors. I know it’s perfectly fine to eat fertilized eggs, I just don’t want anyone getting a “surprise” If they let their eggs sit and don’t refrigerate. anyone have thought on how to manage that?
They embryo stops developing right after you put the egg in the fridge. Maybe before you give them to your neighbors, keep them in the fridge for a day? Or if they are just taking them straight from the coop instruct them to do so.
nothing will happen unless incubated.

Back
Top Bottom