Could really use some help. My Polish is struggling

CJS Flock

Songster
Jul 14, 2020
I posted a few days ago about my Polish pullet struggling to walk. It’s been two weeks now and she doesn’t seem to be improving, but not getting worse. She is in her own area, gets up to eat and drink, is pooping normal, no diarrhea. She is alert and tries to preen, just can’t seem to get her legs to cooperate. I’ve been giving her ploy-vi-sol in the afternoon (hence the stains on her beard) and doxycycline 20% in the morning. I’m at a loss and not 100% convinced it’s Marek’s. Hoping you all can help me if you’ve had or seen this issue before. I want her to live her best chicken life and this doesn’t seem to be it. She’s a little over six months old. Videos attached are of her tonight on her “rehab” rug. Its in her ICU room and seems to help with stability.

I posted a few days ago about my Polish pullet struggling to walk. It’s been two weeks now and she doesn’t seem to be improving, but not getting worse. She is in her own area, gets up to eat and drink, is pooping normal, no diarrhea. She is alert and tries to preen, just can’t seem to get her legs to cooperate. I’ve been giving her ploy-vi-sol in the afternoon (hence the stains on her beard) and doxycycline 20% in the morning. I’m at a loss and not 100% convinced it’s Marek’s. Hoping you all can help me if you’ve had or seen this issue before. I want her to live her best chicken life and this doesn’t seem to be it. She’s a little over six months old. Videos attached are of her tonight on her “rehab” rug. Its in her ICU room and seems to help with stability.

Walking disorders could be her genetics because 90% things chicken get from their genes
You should add something and it will definately improve her .
• Riboflavin
• Vitamin E Capsule 1 cap In every 2 days for 28D
• Bcomplex everyday
• Moringa Olifera Extract Tablet 1 tablet in 7 days
And diet that not include things that not have alot of sugar.

This treatment I tried on my friend's pet chickens who have walking difficulties and arthritis . They improved in 2 months

I am sorry you are experiencing this with your Gorgeous Polish girlie. I did hail a few experts. Hopefully they respond soon for you. The videos are an excellent display of the problem. How old is she and what are you feeding her. Can you get a picture of her poop. If so, please post it. I know you will be asked the above questions.

In your other thread, she was walking a little better, it looks like she's worse now right?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/having-difficulty-walking.1429307/

I would be inclined to agree with @Eggcessive that Marek's is a good possibility.

You may want to try giving her 1/2 tablet of human B-Complex once a day and 400IU Vitamin E once a day along with a bit of egg. See if that helps.

I'm sorry that she's not improving.

In your other thread, she was walking a little better, it looks like she's worse now right?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/having-difficulty-walking.1429307/

I would be inclined to agree with @Eggcessive that Marek's is a good possibility.

You may want to try giving her 1/2 tablet of human B-Complex once a day and 400IU Vitamin E once a day along with a bit of egg. See if that helps.

I'm sorry that she's not improving.
Thank you! She’s up and down. Sometimes she stands tall and fully stretches. The first video she had a pretty good day, the next day didn’t really move at all. Then today she was moving a lot more and preening. I’m just confused about the up and down and if I should cull her. I don’t want her to not be able to do chicken things with her flock. I’ve been giving her Purina grower feed, scrambled egg in the morning, some green spinach leaves and every other day a tablespoon of zero fat Fage. I’ll get the vitamin E since I don’t have that. I do have the B complex capsule so I don’t have to crush them. What is the best way to administer it? I truly appreciate all the help!

I am sorry you are experiencing this with your Gorgeous Polish girlie. I did hail a few experts. Hopefully they respond soon for you. The videos are an excellent display of the problem. How old is she and what are you feeding her. Can you get a picture of her poop. If so, please post it. I know you will be asked the above questions.
Here’s a pick of her poop
thank you! Attached is a pick of her poop.

Attachments

• 9ACF2C26-3CBE-4C43-BACB-3C2F865DABDA.jpeg
    9ACF2C26-3CBE-4C43-BACB-3C2F865DABDA.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 4
Thank you! She’s up and down. Sometimes she stands tall and fully stretches. The first video she had a pretty good day, the next day didn’t really move at all. Then today she was moving a lot more and preening. I’m just confused about the up and down and if I should cull her. I don’t want her to not be able to do chicken things with her flock. I’ve been giving her Purina grower feed, scrambled egg in the morning, some green spinach leaves and every other day a tablespoon of zero fat Fage. I’ll get the vitamin E since I don’t have that. I do have the B complex capsule so I don’t have to crush them. What is the best way to administer it? I truly appreciate all the help!
You can mix the vitamins in a little of the yogurt or feed if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom