could someone please help me!!!waiting on eggs to hatch!!!

well thats it... i hatched 12 and have 11 healthy and happy little quackers in my brooder! my heart breaks for the little fighter that didnt make it! sad but relived to turn my incubator off!! now i get to look at the cutest little faces everyday! this so far is one of the most rewarding experiences i have ever had!!! thank you guys so very much for all your wise words i couldnt have done this without them special thanks to you duckie!!! thank god i came across this site would have been put in the loony bin without it!!! will post more pics later!! time to enjoy!!!

Lia, I am so happy got you that your first incubating experience was so positive It sure helps when you get ( most of ) the right information before you start things up- like you have. You have done so well and have some beautiful babies. Sorry about the one that didnt make it- but remember- survival of the fittest- you have the strongest ones in your brooder now- and they will give the best change of reproducing strong vibrant babies themselves in time.

My first from this lot of eggs hatched about 2 hours ago....and SURPRISE!! its all yellow with an orange beak. I am so glad to have another to go with the one who hatched last week. A friend of mine affectionately says my babies have moldy beaks due to their colour...so it was nice to ring her and say I have some "normal " ones hatching too.

Of course now there is the wait to see what ratio of ducks and drakes you have - hope they are mostly female for you.

PS...Im sure you and your son will be delighted to watch them have their first swim in a few days when they are ready.

lol.png
Congratulations on your healthy babies, glad to hear it all went well. x

celebrate.gif
very happy for you! It is an exciting moment! I loved watching my 2 hatch, my son and I stayed up until 1:30am watching one of them. I even video recorded it! Now I'm waiting on my 8 to hatch this weekend, 1-2 started rocking last night, so we shall see what starts happening from today through tomorrow night! 11 out of 12 eggs is outstanding! A very, very successful hatch!
thumbsup.gif

GO DUCKIE GO!! anymore yet duckie?? will be waiting for pictures!!! how many you expecting???

FLuffybunnies.... any thing more happening yet?

BABIES EVERYWHERE... so exciting i am just as excited about everyone else's as i was my own hahaha will be wanting to see pics!!

oh as for my 3 special ducklings...... they are fine now! i gave them incremin from the pharmacy its a childrens vitamin mixture..... i gave them half a ml in their drinking water and with in 3 hrs they were up and running around!!! i rang all the feed suppliers in my area and not one had and vitamin thing for ducklings or any poultry! so i rang the vet and she said they only give them injections but as mine were so young she couldnt do it and she said they would most likely die!! i asked her for something to at least try and she said to try some oral vitamin sup for humans and only give them the smallest amount but it might not work!! i was willing to do anything for the little tackers so i had to pick from like about 20 different thing and i used this one i used for my son when he was a baby to help give him strength when he was very very ill! and since i class them as my little babies too i went with that hahaha and it worked!!!

Back
Top Bottom