Could these ducks cross breed?

adpad5

Chirping
Jun 30, 2015
I have a female Pekin and a male magpie duck, I have seen him attempting to breed with her but can't reach and falls off I would like to breed them in the spring and I was wondering if there was any hope of it working

If he can't reach then I'm guessing what your saying is that she's larger than him. So if you want to breed them you may need to help him somehow. maybe hold him on if he lets you. She may not be letting and pushing him off. What is she doing while he does his thing?

I have a female Pekin and a male magpie duck, I have seen him attempting to breed with her but can't reach and falls off I would like to breed them in the spring and I was wondering if there was any hope of it working
Do they have a pool it maybe easier for him to breed her in water.

Well I'm afraid no breeding for now, due to my drake attack hen problem we are getting rid of the 2 drakes that I rased
1f62d.png
. And I will aventually replace them with a drake Pekin duck though

Thanks been trying to find a Muscovy girl for him, got him as a ducking he was sold to me as roune, but he is bigger and can't fly not really sure about his breed now. I also have set of Saxony but I keep them separate. Have you had good luck with cross breeds? What kind do you have?

Back
Top Bottom