Could this be a Green Queen?

Even Meyer gets the sex wrong sometimes but you are right, they're a very reputable hatchery. Green queens can be tough to spot when mixed in with others since they're hybrids but there are a few threads here with a variety of pictures showing what they can look like. Could be either of the ones you narrowed down to.

Good luck with them. As hatcheries go, we've had some impressive birds from there.
Thank you so much for your reply I couldn't find and don't really know how to navigate threads to look up images of the green Queen to see which one of the last two are her.

Thank you so much for your reply I couldn't find and don't really know how to navigate threads to look up images of the green Queen to see which one of the last two are her.

Easiest way is just to click the search button (magnifying glass in top right) and put in green queen. Here is one thread I was thinking of:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/green-queen-meyer-hatchery.1408632/#post-23122654

There are some photos there. We have a lakeshore egger and a bunch of other breeds from Meyer but haven't tried the green queens yet. They're on the list, though. Cool birds.

Even Meyer gets the sex wrong sometimes but you are right, they're a very reputable hatchery. Green queens can be tough to spot when mixed in with others since they're hybrids but there are a few threads here with a variety of pictures showing what they can look like. Could be either of the ones you narrowed down to.

Good luck with them. As hatcheries go, we've had some impressive birds from there.
I like them too! I have gotten some really nice birds from them also.

I like them too! I have gotten some really nice birds from them also.
Awesome. What have you had luck with there?

We've been impressed. We got a barnevelder and splash orpington from them in a rare assortment that are high quality. Our gold laced wyandottes are really nice for hatchery birds, too. Our Meyer olive egger produces eggs like a machine (almost leghorn level). I think the rare breed prices can be a bit high but you do get better quality than many large hatcheries, at least in our experience.

And to bring it back to some earlier discussion on this thread, Meyer is about 20/20 on sexed birds for us. Small sample and mistakes happen. But we've been happy.

Awesome. What have you had luck with there?

We've been impressed. We got a barnevelder and splash orpington from them in a rare assortment that are high quality. Our gold laced wyandottes are really nice for hatchery birds, too. Our Meyer olive egger produces eggs like a machine (almost leghorn level). I think the rare breed prices can be a bit high but you do get better quality than many large hatcheries, at least in our experience.

And to bring it back to some earlier discussion on this thread, Meyer is about 20/20 on sexed birds for us. Small sample and mistakes happen. But we've been happy.
I also had the most beautiful Barnevelder from them, but unfortunately she passed away at about a year old. They have gotten all the sexing right from the birds that I have bought from them. I have two silver gray Dorkings, BCMarans, Australorp, GLWyandotte,and also a lavender Orpington. The birds that I received from Meyer all grew up to be much tamer then birds I have gotten from other places for some reason.

Glad to hear of other Meyer GLWs being good quality. I wasn't sure if we got lucky or what - but they're significantly nicer than those I've seen from other hatcheries. Nice lacing, good shape for hatchery birds, correct comb etc. Our lavender orpingtons from them have been beautiful with a sweet temperament as well. Violet follows me wherever I go outside hoping for attention. I can second their australorps as well. Ours are hardy and good layers.

Interested in dorkings but haven't ordered any yet and our BCMs are from elsewhere. I'd certainly trust Meyer's to be excellent, though. Probably better than the ones I purchased primarily to make olive eggers with our cream legbars.

Sorry you lost the barnie. Our 2 were surprises in a rare assortment but made us fall in love with the breed.

I also had the most beautiful Barnevelder from them, but unfortunately she passed away at about a year old. They have gotten all the sexing right from the birds that I have bought from them. I have two silver gray Dorkings, BCMarans, Australorp, GLWyandotte,and also a lavender Orpington. The birds that I received from Meyer all grew up to be much tamer then birds I have gotten from other places for some reason.
I'm really sorry about your loss.

Hi update 6 weeks now.
if you can screenshot one of the photos and circle who you think is blue cuckoo maran and green Queen please do so for me. I'm still up in the air. And is one a rooster?

Attachments

• PXL_20201108_132311993.jpg
    PXL_20201108_132311993.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20201108_131733215.jpg
    PXL_20201108_131733215.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20201108_131737337.jpg
    PXL_20201108_131737337.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20201108_131708248.jpg
    PXL_20201108_131708248.jpg