could this be a jg. roo?

lisaleedy

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
va

Same bird

Same bird

This one had tail and othrr feathers before all the others. The wings when open come more to a point. Most all the back near the neck are narrow pointy shiny with greenish tint. The feet arnt a solid black and are noticeably thinner. Cant tell all combes look alike one all four chickd right now. This is the only other that has similar feathering and a lighter chest however nothing else like the one above.

This one is all dark nothing like others.

This one little harder to see and the chick in back is a barred rock.

lisaleedy

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
va
Well i have noticed a defenant waddle starting under cheek and there is pink in the comb however it also seems just a hair bigger than others... this is off the first picture i posted days ago. Ill pin it again.

I will post better ones once i get some help to hokd it so can get decent pictures.
I heard that it could be just early ir late development. I have four abd this one developed tail and wing fethers faster, was notably larger with tad bit thinner legs they have gotten thicker now and a tad blacker.. i picked it up looked at bottom of feet and it seems white not yellow or pink?? Ive got mixed reveiws on what i have so before naming it ill send picks with updates to see what yall think the gender is. I keep with roo. But whos to say lol

Veer67

Songster
6 Years
Jul 2, 2013
Together with the flock
Well i have noticed a defenant waddle starting under cheek and there is pink in the comb however it also seems just a hair bigger than others... this is off the first picture i posted days ago. Ill pin it again.

I will post better ones once i get some help to hokd it so can get decent pictures.
I heard that it could be just early ir late development. I have four abd this one developed tail and wing fethers faster, was notably larger with tad bit thinner legs they have gotten thicker now and a tad blacker.. i picked it up looked at bottom of feet and it seems white not yellow or pink?? Ive got mixed reveiws on what i have so before naming it ill send picks with updates to see what yall think the gender is. I keep with roo. But whos to say lol

How old is she? Your chick also sounds more like a Black Australorp than a Black Jersey Giant. Usually white soles mean Australorp while yellow soles mean Jersey Giant. :)

Last edited:

lisaleedy

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
va
I got it from a seed and feed store my problem is cant say if it was from a strait run or not. And as far as i can add on callendr prob like five weeks.

Top Bottom