Could this be an EE?

City Gardener

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Among the five Brahma chicks we ordered from My Pet Chicken was one scruffy oddball. My son named her Scrambles. MPC said as far as they knew we'd gotten all Brahmas, but agreed that she was clearly not a Brahma. From this first picture below, they guessed possilby EE. Any EE-experts out there?

25663_img_0163.jpg

This is her next to one of the Brahmas.
25663_scrambles1.jpg

25663_img_0531.jpg

This is Scrambles at 4 weeks, a few days ago.
25663_img_0535.jpg

I have to say, although our Brahmas are incredibly sweet, Scrambles is the best of the bunch. The first to roost, the best forager, the friendliest, the calmest, everything.

From the first pics I'd say EE because that what my little EEs looked like - poofy cheeks and the colored legs/feet. Mine aren't as old as she is in your second picture, so I can't compare that age yet, sorry.

Im still somewhat of a newbie but it does look very similar to my young EE - which is about 5 1/2 weeks old. Does it have a slight greenish tint to the legs? If so then it is most likely an EE chick
smile.png

Here is a photo of mine for comparison...
IMG_2220-1.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your replies! Those pictures of other EE's really make me think Scrambles is an EE, too.

When I first started wanting a backyard flock, I immediately I assumed I'd get some EE's. But then MY Pet Chicken didn't have EE's ready for another couple months, and I was too impatient to wait so I went with the Brahmas. So I'm so happy to have an EE after all!

If I were going to do it again, I'd wait for the EE's. She is such a scrappy strong awesome chick.

thank you!

If in doubt label it an EE, it definately has the possibility of laying a egg, and it might even be green. Unless of course it decides to crow, then all bets are off.
gig.gif

You will just love seeing that colored egg.
smile.png
The EE's are my favorite. After my first 2 I just had to have 7 more. lol

Back
Top Bottom