Could this be bumblefoot?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RedPyleLady, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RedPyleLady

RedPyleLady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2012
    I'm not sure if this could be a case of bumblefoot none of my other chickens have it but this bird and the rest of the Pyles for that matter, have been sickly for some reason ever since they got their adult feathers [​IMG] help? the brown stuff is just poop/mud however the tips of his toes are way more yellow than the rest of his foot. He had pearl colored legs

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Doesn't look like bumblefoot to me. However, I'd rinse the feet and look for the telltale "black" scab spot to be sure. I don't know what the yellow would mean though... sorry.

3. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Doesn't look like bumblefoot to me, either. It's actually hard to tell because of the dirt. I also suggest giving the feet a good soaking and cleaning all of the gunk off. When the foot is clean you will be better able to see what it is you are dealing with. The tips of the feet look a little frostbitten to me. Is that possible where you live? You might want to post more pictures once the feet are clean.

4. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    I wish I knew what that is but I do know it is not bumblefoot. Bumblefoot looks like any of these photos in my blogpost.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by