Could this be used for a duck house?

Yes the coop is smaller than the run but they still need 4 feet a piece or they will start pecking each other and injure each other. Some say cannibalism can occur in a crowded space. Remember, they should be closed in that at night so they don't get snatched by a racoon or something. Some people chance it and leave their ducks out in the run at night but i always close mine in the coop because i don't want to take chances with their lives. I don't let them decide where they are going to spend the night. I herd them in and close the door secuely for their own safety.

So 2 ducks would work with that dog house as long as they have some where to run around during the day too.

Last edited:
The first coop or "dog house" is so cute.

But I agree you could build something for much cheaper
smile.png

Good Luck

If I may make a suggestion. Many times I see people on freecycle or craigslist getting rid of their dog houses and I've seen some pretty large ones on there that were given away for free. I myself got a large dogloo for free that I got for my ducks to use but they never do. Either way I would check there first or even post that you need one. Then you can modify it for your ducks. My dogloo has a door that I put on it so I can lock them in it for the night if I need to even though they have a pen they sleep in. Ducks don't peck at each other the way chickens do and if you are just locking them in for the night they settle down quickly and go to sleep. My five have a small pen, enough to stretch if they need to but only about 2 feet of space per duck. Of course they all huddle in the corner anyway so it's wasted space.

Back
Top Bottom