Could this come back and bite me?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Hi! I got an unusual call this morning wanting to know did I want to 'buy some chickens'. I was startled (Postal worker saw my ph# on a box of eggs going out in the mail today and thought I *might* be interested in buying chickens --- yes, a stretch, but they are local).
    After we nailed down that I don't want to buy any birds, I found out he has 100(+) Cobb broilers that are 12-ish weeks old (and I took from the conversation --- had planned to process them but discovered he doesn't have the stomach for it) and is looking to sell them. I don't want to buy them and after a bit more conversation (he has no internet) offered to put them on Craiglist for him.
    I don't know the details of how he ended up with them in the first place and only know they've been 'pasture-raised'.
    I already did it, with HIS info --- but might it come back on me somehow?
    link
    I'm such a goob. Act first, think later.

[​IMG]
    Lisa

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    If your nervous..keep flagging it so it gets pulled..[​IMG]

3. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Songster

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    Maybe revise it to say "no emails, phone calls only" or something to that effect?

It was nice of you to help him out [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] Alot of whackos on CL, so if anything does come back to you, it will be him asking why all those weirdos are calling him.

5. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Songster

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    You could always delete your post. Or you could specify that emails will not be returned and list HIS phone number as the contact.

6. Hi! I am not 'nervous', just curious. I was wondering if 'I'd be darn by association', if there was a 'health issue' or something with his birds --- it would be tied back to me because *I* advertized them for him on CL. I don't have any reason to believe there *is* a health issue. The birds for sale are not coming here.
    Thanks!
    Lisa
    [​IMG]

7. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Songster

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    That's what I was getting at when I suggested you not return emails. If you don't return emails there is no way for anyone to trace you as a contact. If you list his phone number he will be the only one a potential buyer has any contact with.
    That was a nice thing to do for someone. I hope he finds a buyer soon!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  8. Randy

Randy Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    Of course it will come back and bite you. No good deed goes unpunished.

9. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Songster

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Will it come back and bite you? Depends. If he ends up being an ax murderer that slaughters everyone who shows up for the chickens, then yeah...probably. [​IMG] Otherwise...I doubt it. There are no 'craigslist police' and you can always pull your ad in a bout a week so even if something comes up later with the birds...they can't connect it to you. As long as its his number on the ad I doubt they'll bother with emailing anyway.

10. JetBlack

JetBlack Songster

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Quote:You'd think an ax murderer would be okay with slaughtering his own chickens though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by