could this kill?

Phionex Boy

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 29, 2014
Beaufort,SC
If i feed my roosters egg laying feed will they die? I dont know if i have roosters or not but one of mine just started laying so i have to feed them it...

Nope. My roos are quite happy with layer crumbles/pellets.
smile.png

My roosters have always eaten the hens layer feed. My current rooster is nearing 6 years old. Some people believe the excess calcium can damage the liver/kidneys. If this is a concern you can feed an all-flock type feed and keep oyster shell available for your hens. If you go that route you just have to watch your hens egg shells. I tried doing that and had a few hens that just didn't eat enough oyster shell and started having thin egg shells. Switched them back to layer feed and the problem went away.

If i feed my roosters egg laying feed will they die? I dont know if i have roosters or not but one of mine just started laying so i have to feed them it...
Give them free choice oyster shell. The girls will pick out what they need. Then you can stick with their usual feed & not worry about layer which could potentially harm the roosters in the longterm.

Back
Top Bottom