Could ue some help.... What should I do?!

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
So, i put some welsh harlequin, and rouen eggs in my incubator from my own flock... I knew the rouen eggs were fertile, since the rouen drake was actually getting "busy" with his 2 hens. But i never saw my WH get busy with his 3 hens, and the eggs are fertile.... My rouen drake did get out, and almost breed one of the WH hens. Do you think he got out again and fertilized the other hens eggs?, or my WH drake is breeding them, after i leave from filling their pool? I really hope they arent mutts... I'm done with mutts... My 3 mutts are crazy! Much more hyper, and skiddish then the pure breds....

Anywho, what do you all think? Should i throw the WH eggs out, till im sure their pure??? Then set more later?

Last edited:
If you don't hatch them, you won't know if they're pure or not. It could be that they aren't fertile and then you have your answer.

But i cracked some open, and most were fertile... I've never seen my WH drake even be interested....
idunno.gif
............ I Probably won't have the heart to throw them out anyway..... I'm just worried i won't be able to sell them...

You've never had a problem selling your ducklings before. I'd hatch them. But if you decide not to, you'll have to make sure Rouen Boy cannot get over to the other side and then wait 3 weeks.

WH Drake could be doing his job and you haven't seen him. Maybe he's shy... or has stagefright.

You've never had a problem selling your ducklings before. I'd hatch them. But if you decide not to, you'll have to make sure Rouen Boy cannot get over to the other side and then wait 3 weeks.

WH Drake could be doing his job and you haven't seen him. Maybe he's shy... or has stagefright.
Yes i have, lol. I still have ducklings (now adults) for sale.... no one wants em!

I found out how he was excaping... him and his girlfriend were tormenting the Wh.. LOL

I was in the goat pen, and all of a sudden, the WH, and my mutt hen started running, and flapping their wings, and freaking out,,,, and guess who was behind them????.... BOB (rouen drake) hes so funny!
lau.gif
...He likes to chase the other ducks.... Scares the crap out of them most of the time...

Yes i have, lol. I still have ducklings (now adults) for sale.... no one wants em!

I found out how he was excaping... him and his girlfriend were tormenting the Wh.. LOL

I was in the goat pen, and all of a sudden, the WH, and my mutt hen started running, and flapping their wings, and freaking out,,,, and guess who was behind them????.... BOB (rouen drake) hes so funny!
lau.gif
...He likes to chase the other ducks.... Scares the crap out of them most of the time...
Bob sounds like a pain in the booty. Is he Bobby's daddy then? I'm guessing yes.

Bob sounds like a pain in the booty. Is he Bobby's daddy then? I'm guessing yes.

You guessed wrong.... Bob is a rouen, Bobby was a pure bred ancona. Bobby's parents are Maize, and Mr. Duck.

Bob is a pain in the booty, hes a real sweety though!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom