Could use some compassionate advice about cat dying.

I'm in tears...I have three kitties....I cannot imagine...
hugs.gif

I was in a similar situation early this year. I had a 1 year old cat with hyperthyroidism. I cared for her gave her medication and babied her. The vet said putting her down was a possibility but she was too lucid for me to even consider that. We went about our routine for quite a few months. Her with her ravenous hunger and a most of the time she had her spot she would sit for the day until she was hungry. One morning she came down to eat but she didn't eat a bite. She went back to her little bed and I left for work. I came home to find she had passed away just feet from her bed. I am sad to have lost her but I know she had a great long life, longer than it might have been since I got her at age 6 from the SPCA and that she was comfortable as she passed from this world to the next. Unfortunately our pets don't live forever. Even though we know that and it breaks our hearts when they pass we continue to keep them because they do bring happiness to our lives. I hate losing a pet, cat, dog, whatever. But I also can't live without them.

Thank you everyone.
Protodon........I'm so sorry for your loss! But you're right......you gave your kitty a very comfortable home and a loving place to move on from.
My vet also mentioned euthanasia several weeks ago, but I too felt that our kitty was much too with-it to do that to. And like your's, our kitty, once she started seeming to feel really bad, passed quickly.
I feel that all souls are the same........whether they are in a human envelope, or an animal one.
Its a really good feeling comforting any soul!

Back
Top Bottom