Could we PLEASE!!

SourRoses

Free Ranging
13 Years
Feb 2, 2011
Florida
Stop ressurecting threads that are years old?

Just make a new one!

I don't mean to upset anyone... but it is soo fustrating to spend time reading pages and pages of a thread only to finally look up and see it's from a year, or years, ago!

It's so easy to just make a new thread on the same topic.

Unless a thread has been kept going for all that time, it shouldn't be brought up from the grave like some mutant mummy creature come to sap the hours from my day
lol.png

I do believe it is a BYC rule that there is no double posting and a thread will be closed if there is double posting.

Some of the old threads are still good and have alot of valuable info still in them IMO. Guess it all depends on what you want to know.

I have gotten a TON of great info from searching my topic and reading archived threads. I am sooooo so grateful for all the accumulated wisdom here! Thankyouthankyouthankyou everybody!

See, now I'm new, and find it hard to look through ALL THE OLD stuff, and I feel guilty for making a new thread.
This place is just too big!

Quote:
I don't think a thread that is 2 years old would be considered double posting at all. Plus a lot of stuff is not revelant to today's thoughts or times.

True some of the onfo might be outdated but usually a year the info is still good and the people that were in it are still on BYC.

'pends on the thread topic. Chooks is chooks and most of the info will still be good.

People are people and sometimes a thread updating an ongoing saga is good for the people who were involved in the get go. Sometimes it is easier to just update on the old thread than get people asking questions in a new one.

Just depends. I never eer jump to the end of a book. But a long thread - yep all the time. Read the OP and the last one then see if the middle might be worth it or not

Quote:
Why does that bother you? Some old threads have great information and I am often delighted to see them. I may have missed them the first time 'round.

If you don't like them ..... just move on.

I love the 'old' threads. A lot of them have good information on them. Just because they are a couple years old doesn't mean that the information is bad. I would rather somebody give me a link to an old thread then people asking the same question all the time! My best friend is the search tool!
lol.png

Quote:
Why does that bother you? Some old threads have great information and I am often delighted to see them. I may have missed them the first time 'round.

If you don't like them ..... just move on.

X2.

Plus, the "tell me one good thing that happened to you today" thread was recently revived and it continually makes my day. Not a bad thing at all.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom