Could you guys help?

Telamon

Songster
9 Years
May 31, 2010
I have no idea.
i have hard homework (to me, because i don't study much,
tongue.png
) and i need you guys to answer this question about line plots.

Consider the highest and lowest number of hours watched and the outliers. Consider also where the data are concentraded and what do you think is typical.

Range:32
Median:5.5
Mode:4
Outlier: 25-32

line plot info: 2 people watch 0 hours of TV, 1 person watches 1 hour of TV, i 1 person watches 2 hours of TV, 2 people watch 3 hours of TV, 4 people watch 4 hours of TV, 2 people watch 5 hours of TV, 2 people watch6 hours of TV, 3 people watch 10 hours of TV, 1 person watches 12 hours of TV, 1 person watches 13 hours of TV, 1 person watches 15 hours of TV, 1 person watches 18 hours of TV, 1 person watches 25 hours of TV.

Please help.
tongue.png

are you supposed to plot lines on a graph?

your book should provide a clear definition of range, median, mode and outlier. go over the definitions again and it will make more sense what you have to do
(and don't tell me you left your book at school, cause then I'd have to give you the motherly glare through the computer)

I would reword your OP to say "can you help me find the answer" rather than "i need you to answer this" because I highly doubt anyone is going to do your homework for you.

oh, and STUDY DARN IT!
smile.png

(seriously, you'll spend less time studying than you will trying to convince others to think for you)
smile.png
smile.png

Quote:
Meh, I flunked Algebra and Algebra II at least once each... I'm way better at Money Math, Geometry... you know USEFUL math.

I don't even know what an outliner is... by the numbers I would think that's the range... as in I'm 25-35 years old... but I guess the algebra definition of range is different from everyone else's... of course then there's home on the range just to add another little dose of spice to the confusion.

Why is the range a single number? Does it simply mean maximum?? Very confuzzling for this old gal. Mean, Median, those I know with no problem... but that range and outliner bit is confuzzling me.

If anyone can explain what the devil that's about I'd appreciate it myself.

Back
Top Bottom