Could you help me identify which breeds these are?

JenLiz

Songster
Feb 21, 2018
Brandon, Florida
We got 8 chicks at TSC a few weeks ago. Out of the two RBs we got, one is definitely looking like a cockerel, even though they were supposed to be pullets. I’m at least sure of their breed though, LOL These ones, I’m not so sure.

First one is much bigger than the others even though they all started out around the same size. She’s heavy and solid feeling with a sizable booty but very little tailfeathers. Bright orange feet/legs and is now developing a little comb.
Was told she was a golden sex link pullet. Possibly a cockerel? Not sure. The next two were straight run and we were told they were buff Orpingtons. They look to me like they are growing at different rates, even though they started out the same size. Possibly one of each sex? The last one we were told was a Rhode Island Red pullet. Thanks so much for any input!
1F5B09A2-30E3-466A-99A5-48492B4C010A.jpeg
DB96B9EC-10F0-40C1-8C68-799FDF66EE01.jpeg
9FEE0095-96D2-4357-8BB6-26CFD3A4DEB6.jpeg
0A22D88B-4714-4C34-A378-0C1BAB9C9DC8.jpeg

We got 8 chicks at TSC a few weeks ago. Out of the two RBs we got, one is definitely looking like a cockerel, even though they were supposed to be pullets. I’m at least sure of their breed though, LOL These ones, I’m not so sure.

First one is much bigger than the others even though they all started out around the same size. She’s heavy and solid feeling with a sizable booty but very little tailfeathers. Bright orange feet/legs and is now developing a little comb.
Was told she was a golden sex link pullet. Possibly a cockerel? Not sure. The next two were straight run and we were told they were buff Orpingtons. They look to me like they are growing at different rates, even though they started out the same size. Possibly one of each sex? The last one we were told was a Rhode Island Red pullet. Thanks so much for any input! View attachment 1311977View attachment 1311978 View attachment 1311979View attachment 1311980
1 is probably a white rock or cornish cross.
2. Maybe a buff orpington. Are the legs yellowish? I can't tell in the picture. If so, then probably a red sex link. If they're white, then probably buff orp.
3. Orpington or sex link. Same as 2.
4. Red sex link, probably

Back
Top Bottom