I can't believe I'm posting this, because I'm usually all about avoiding preventative medication BUT I had a problem with cocci this spring, and I'm raising the peeps outside in an area where the adults have been previously. It's also remained unusually wet this year, which I know the cocci likes. The peeps will be starting in a doghouse that the adults used as a nesting box when out in the mobile run. It's "clean", but it ain't sterile. For some reason when I was actually looking FOR it, rather than AVOIDING it, I couldn't get the amprolium laced feed. I have corid on hand from the spring. Should I: -Cross my fingers and hope for the best, holding the corid for if a problem occurs. -Low-dose now with the corid (if so, what dose? It's the powder, for cattle) -Low-dose at the high risk point (4 wks) with the corid -Dose everybody at 12 wks when we put them together -Attempt to simulate "under the hen" raising, with supervised time on the ground each evening (can't do it all the time because they're small enough to squirt out the sides of the mobile coop at the moment) to build immunity. I'd love to do this, but I'm betting I wouldn't be able to stick with it consistently.