Couldn't Pass It Up!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by rebbetzin, Aug 29, 2008.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    I bought a really neat thing yesterday, I just couldn't pass it up. It was 90% off!! Originally $39.99 for $3.99!! I will hang it on the side of the coop where I first go in the gate of the chicken run. You never know when a Hen may just want to see how her feathers are arranged!!

It is a 20 inch X 17 inch oval mirror with a nice metal frame and scroll work.

[​IMG]

My husband is still trying to figure out why the chickens need such a thing....

Silly husband!![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a cheesy little mirror in the Sussex pen -- like 15 cents from a thrift store and I doubt it cost more than a buck ninety nine when new -- and some of them actually seem to find it quite entertaining.

So your husband may actually be surprised... [​IMG]

Pat

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Now that I've seen it, I don't think any coop should be without one! Great find!

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh what a great find indeed. Of course the girls need to check their appearance every now and again. I completely understand the wisdom in this purchase. [​IMG]

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I like it! Everytime I think I have something neat for our girls, my husband thinks I'm loosing it and I belong in with the birds. [​IMG]

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    hey, my hubbie supports my need to decorate the coop...should i have him talk to some other DH's?

awesome mirror! my girls are getting a doorbell soon! they might get visitors! they get and send mail in their mailbox!

7. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

$3.99!!! :eek:
    I'm with DH! [​IMG]

no.. it's ok if you decorate of course... but I think of 3.99 as being $10.01 away from another bag of feed [​IMG]

8. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:Please do not get mad at me ,but you sounds likemy wife she always get some suff on sale and I don,t know for what.
    But I think all men including me we just don,t get it.

9. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    nice one, rebbetzin!

10. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:I am looking for a small mailbox for my chickens... to put their names on it. They just might get some mail you never know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by