Count Down to Triplets! Babies are here! *Pics Added*

chickensducks&agoose :

Quote:
Yes, don't be a neanderthal.

lau.gif
If I had been drinking something I would have lost my keyboard.​

I hope the mommies have help at home. Premie triplets are going to be so much work. I have twin nephews who are soon to graduate college; I don't think their parents remember much from the first two years. I remember opening the fridge and seeing an entire shelf of 4 oz bottles, enough for one day.

They will bring no end of happiness though.

I wasn't able to update you all yesterday, but we had some pretty serious setbacks. Here's the status of each baby:

Simon: The strongest and healthiest of them all, he is breathing on his own and eating a little bit on his own. He's not eating enough, so they are tube-feeding some to make sure he gets enough nutrition. He's also digesting his food, so that is great. They're feeding him as much breast milk/colostrum as his mommy can pump, and supplementing with formula. "T" is able to hold him and snuggle with him.
big_smile.png

Dexter: His lungs are a little underdeveloped so he's having a little trouble breathing, but he's still breathing on his own (no ventilator). They put the oxygen hood over him again to keep his blood oxygen levels up. He is not eating anything yet...just IV fluids and nutrition. I think he just needs a little more time to catch up to Simon.

Linus: Poor baby is extremely critical right now. Critical Aortic Stenosis was discovered yesterday and he had to have emergency surgery to open his valve to allow blood flow. I learned a lot yesterday and will try to explain the best I can. Unborn babies have an extra valve because they are not eating/breathing yet...this valve allows blood flow from the placenta to nourish the baby. When the baby is born and is breathing air and eating, that extra valve closes and the baby relies on the normal heart valves to allow the blood to flow. As Linus's extra valve closed, his aortic valve was not opening. It's supposed to open 5 mm, but his was only opening 0.5 mm. The doctors used a balloon to stretch/tear/open that valve, but I think there was quite a bit of damage to the heart already...it was pumping but the blood had no where to go, so there was stretching and leaking (sorry, I'm not very good with all the correct terms). They are giving him meds to try to keep that extra valve open as long as possible so he can get as much blood flow as possible. Now we just have to wait and see how his heart heals.

I'll try to update this at least once a day, but it's hard to do from the hospital (I don't have a laptop). I'll be going back up there pretty soon. Please keep my family and these babies in your prayers.

Back
Top Bottom