Country Music!!!!

Fluff-n-Feathers

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
OK, first of all, I have seen this question on the internet a lot (especially with country music videos) and I just thought I would answer the question...

"Do people in the north like country music?"

Well weird me, I do
bun.gif
About 98% of my school hates it, and wrinkles their nose and say 'whos that?' if I mention Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Maranda Lambert, Toby Kieth, etc.

Most of the kids in 4-H like it and a lot more kids like it at ag. schools.

Overall, I would say that around 20% of us do like it

So, I guess the real answer is yes, not everyone likes it, but no, we don't all hate it
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I'm in NH and people here LOVE country music. I'm in the minority that doesn't love it. I don't dislike it per say, it's just not my preference. But EVERYONE else around here loves it.

When I lived in New York everyone I worked with listened to it, now I live in Texas and most people don't listen to it.

I know a lot of people who listen to Texas or Austin Country.... Lyle Lovett, John Haitt, Asleep at the Wheel, Ray Wylie Hubbard, James McMurtry, Bob Schneider, Robert Earl Keen, Joe Ely, Kelly Willis, the Dixie Chicks

But then I live in the Austin area, and its pretty much expected.

Quote:
I'm in NH and people here LOVE country music. I'm in the minority that doesn't love it. I don't dislike it per say, it's just not my preference. But EVERYONE else around here loves it.

tongue.gif

What was that for, that I'm not a big fan of country? I like OLD country, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, etc., but as new as I like is Garth Brooks. Anything newer just isn't up my alley.

mom'sfolly :

When I lived in New York everyone I worked with listened to it, now I live in Texas and most people don't listen to it.

I know a lot of people who listen to Texas or Austin Country.... Lyle Lovett, John Haitt, Asleep at the Wheel, Ray Wylie Hubbard, James McMurtry, Bob Schneider, Robert Earl Keen, Joe Ely, Kelly Willis, the Dixie Chicks
thumbsup.gif

But then I live in the Austin area, and its pretty much expected.

Many people don't realize that there is a BIG difference between Nashville country a and Texas country music. Texas music is raw and it's real. Don't forget Guy Clark, Townes Van Zant, Delbert McClinton and far too many more to mention.

I lived in Austin 35 years ago. Just about the time the Texas music scene was starting to happen. You never knew who was going to show up at some bar and sit in for a while. And the Texas Chili Parlor had just opened.​

Back
Top Bottom