Courtesy of my Dad & Pinterest. I LOVE my new coop.

Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information loads of fun enjoy shake your tail feathers. Nice coop way 2 go Dad :thumbsupplease tell us more about yourself inquiring minds want to know :goodpost:
1250972-eaaf72ec0adea36bcb73d03ebb09f6f1.gif

Thank you! Try not to stress out over my birds. Trust that they are safe. As for my location? I am north of the Earths equator a bit. But not by much. Not sure what my coop would be like on Mars yet, but I am working on it.

I think the concern is there is no ventilation that we can see, are we missing something?

Gary

Ditto Howard's post and questions.

I hate pinterest too...all cute, little logic, and no details.

It can be frustrating but it's very useful for keeping track of ideas you need time to get too. The trick is to follow the breadcrumbs back to the original post where the useful information resides. But, having done that, you can accumulate a lot of things that would be lost otherwise.

The trick is to follow the breadcrumbs back to the original post where the useful information resides.
Have tried that......worse than clipart searches...rarely have I found any fabrication details because there were none to begin with. There are a lot of clever things there, but having to join to look then getting a ton of emails turned me off of it. I save viable ideas on my hard drive where I always know where to find them ;)

It seems that OP Hollie has taken exception to questions and comments, got defensive and decided to withdraw vs engage. That is unfortunate.

I suggest she consider this:

https://books.google.com/books?id=BKxOAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA1&lpg=PA1&dq=quisenberry+fool+proof&source=bl&ots=wAn5Q2Njue&sig=crh5L0Nfy68Oya3JEwFickM8shQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjblNzmw7TZAhUr9IMKHdvpCaYQ6AEIKTAA#v=onepage&q=quisenberry fool proof&f=false

Go to lesson 1, pages 1 and 2. See if there is any similarity at all to what was known and proven NOT to work.....and 100 years ago....so not any big secret......, to the coop she selected to have her dad build. (And this advice applies to all the Hollies of the world).

If she HAS provided south facing windows and openings for light and ventilation, and things are looking bright, then no worries. All will be well. If not......well, no amount of caring or good intentions are going to overcome that. Birds will suffer and do poorly in the process.

There is no harm in making mistakes. We don't know what we don't know. Its what we do AFTER we know.....after our mistakes are known to us.....that matters. We correct them and are better off for it.

Just saying.

There is no harm in making mistakes. We don't know what we don't know. Its what we do AFTER we know.....after our mistakes are known to us.....that matters. We correct them and are better off for it.
Absolutely!

Drafting teacher, long ago, told us all the time:
"It's not how bad you fffffoul it up, it's how well you fix the fffffouled"

As for Pinterest, if you go to the book link above, read no further than Lesson 1, page 1, 3rd paragraph. The part about nonsensical designs, etc. That entire paragraph.

In my modern era world, that is code for "cute". No harm in "cute", provided it is tacked on at the end.....after all else that truly matters has been satisfied. The problem with most Pinterest coops (and a whole lot of others, including the dinky commercial jobs) is they start with cute and never recover. Just saying.

Absolutely!

Drafting teacher, long ago, told us all the time:
"It's not how bad you fffffoul it up, it's how well you fix the fffffouled"

I was told the same thing when qualifying for nuclear material carrier in the shipyard... it's not that you made a mistake it's how you recover from it. I never had to find out if my recovery skills were up to the task.

JT

It seems that OP Hollie has taken exception to questions and comments, got defensive and decided to withdraw vs engage. That is unfortunate.

Am I missing something?

Not responding is a different thing than being defensive or withdrawing. Holliewould may be out working on good ventilation or wrapped up in a good book or outfitting the coop with supplies and/or chickens or working his/her way through 18 layers of re-Pins to get to an original source.

I'm concerned that using charged words like "defensive" and "withdraw" may not seem very welcoming to a new person who doesn't have very thick skin.

Just a thought. ...from a relatively new person with only moderately thick skin.

Back
Top Bottom