Courting Behavior?

It's good to have your general location in your profile. Are you in a cold climate now, or ...? I have two babies I just banded. It can be more difficult in the cold, depends on the parents skills. Best of luck to you.:thumbsup
I live in New Mexico. It gets pretty cold in the morning, freezing, and levels out to around fifty degrees farenheit. Do pigeons breed all year round? I’ve just got them and I’m really new to pigeons.

I live in New Mexico. It gets pretty cold in the morning, freezing, and levels out to around fifty degrees farenheit. Do pigeons breed all year round? I’ve just got them and I’m really new to pigeons.
I love NM!! It's fine, I worry when it gets to zero or below.
You birds are good looking, are they high flyer types or what, if you know?

I love NM!! It's fine, I worry when it gets to zero or below.
You birds are good looking, are they high flyer types or what, if you know?
they are Afghan pigeons, not sure if their high flying or not, but are they ok outside? It usually doesn’t go much below freezing, and when it does I bring my not so cold hardy birds like my Silkie chickens inside.

they are Afghan pigeons, not sure if their high flying or not, but are they ok outside? It usually doesn’t go much below freezing, and when it does I bring my not so cold hardy birds like my Silkie chickens inside.

Mine are outside even at -15 F as long as they have a draft free spot to perch inside their loft. Yours should be the same.

Back
Top Bottom