Cow and calf Pictures

Haviris

Songster
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
I've been taking tons of pics of the cows lately and thought I'd share some of them. These are my dad's cows, not mine. First are the two babies, born the same day, they are 5 days old here,
This one is a heifer,
04-10-1037.jpg

And this one is a HUGE bull, this is my yearling heifer's half brother,
04-10-1053.jpg

These were taken Sunday,
Another of the big flashy bull calf,
010.jpg

And I just love this little heifer, she looks like a panda!
027.jpg

One week old bull calf,
014.jpg

And I found this while out there, brand new heifer,
047.jpg

And these were taken today,
New pic of the new heifer,
018.jpg

And the little bull w/ his mom,
035.jpg

I just thought this one was funny, this is the panda heifer, she followed that cow all the way down to the creek nursing between her legs,
020-1.jpg

This one is the mom to my youngest heifer,
042.jpg

And lastly this spaz is going to the sale as soon as her calf is weaned.
043.jpg

I've got a million more, but didn't want to get to carried away!

Looks like you've got a good mix of breeds. But you can see the angus and the brahma in them. When I was a kid we called them "Brangus" cattle.

Nice pictures....I haven't taken any pictures of ours this year since the first calf came back in January. I really should get out there and get a few before we take them out to pasture in the next week or so.

Yeah there's a pretty good mix, he got half of them from my mom when she downsized, and they are mostly angus and simmental, and he got the other half from a friend that raised the brahma mixes.

We call that first heifer Frosty, she's adorable! That calf kicking up his heals is really something to, he's really active. I've been trying to help him (dad) clean up his records some and that's why so many pics, to keep track of who's who, and out of who! And I really just like taking pics!

I'll take pics of mom's cows next, but her herd has gotten pretty small, only three cows, one calf and the other two are due anytime. There was a fourth, but she was abducted by aliens. And I'll show off mine to, but I only have one cow and three heifers.

Back
Top Bottom