Coyote urine-maybe dumb question

gratefulchick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Colorado Rockies
I have a bad raccoon problem (don't have any guns). I've read that coyote urine products help keep them away. My maybe dumb question-does it attract coyotes?
hmm.png

Coyote urine will attract coyotes. I use to do allot of trapping & used urine to trap bobcats. Like dogs animals mark their territory. Get a trap & buy a 22 mag. & when you catch one shoot it & dispose of him far from where you shoot it. That's what I would do. Oh & bait with sardines they can't resist. Good hunting.

As much as I hate them I couldn't shoot em. Thanks for the coyote urine info though. It only made sense that it would attract coyotes and although they're near, they're not in my coop (yet). Thanks again!

Some shops sell other predator urine, including mountain lion urine. Perhaps it will be better to pick another type of predator urine not common in your area?

Quote:
+ reinforce all fences and make certain all screens are 1/2 inch hardware cloth, look for any ways into or onto the coop and into the run don't forget any overhead route.

Good luck.

Well that wasn't a dumb question I was wondering the same thing myself. I just started having that problem or else I just noticed. I thought I had covered all the bases out here cause we have Coyotes, and the like. I did all the coop with hardware clothe overhead with chicken wire, got the red beams that come on at night, the thing that does the sound barrier. Any way I was going to order the Coyote thing until I read your replies on the site. Thank you all who answered her question!
D.gif
Sharon

no raccoons are more scared of great horned owls or big dogs or in areas with true red swamp wolves they will prey on racooons

coyotes dont bother them as much coyotes do kill possums though and foxes, marten and mink as much as they can.

nesting great horned owls are a coons/minks/skunks/foxes worst nightmare

Last edited:
If you want to try dog hair, it works here to keep pests out of my garden. I get the hair form a local dog grooming bus. in town. At 1st i got some strange looks, but now i have to put a request in for a bag...lots of others are doing it too. However, the smell of chickens might be harder to resist than the smell of sweet corn
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom