Coyotes calling/screaming at night is one of the creepiest sounds.

Artichoke Lover

Free Ranging
Jul 27, 2020
Southeast US
I’ve heard them my whole life we’ve always had a pack near the house no matter where I lived even as a kid in a neighborhood. It still never fails to raise the hair on my neck though. It’s just chilling. Had a pack start up in the front yard at 3am loud enough to wake me up. Scared me stiff to wake up to that sound.

Haha😆
I have to agree.
I don’t hear them all that often out here, but when I do it always catches me by surprise.

Just this past breeding season I took my husband’s dog out to use the bathroom before bed. She finished but then was just sniffing around wasting time. I yelled her name and all of a sudden coyote calls sounded off all around us. It was completely silent before that, so you can imagine how much my heart jumped. 😱

I whisper yelled for her after that and thankfully she came running. I’m pretty sure she could take on a couple coyotes on her own, but I don’t want to find out. Lol.

It is chilling yet cool at the same time.
I just had a pack across the road from me howling all night. They were out for food.
The night before, they were surrounding a neighbors barn where they keep the cows. The pack was hungry.
My dogs take their posts in the house, one lays by the front door and the other is following me around the house and sitting on my feet... you know, just in case they can break down the door 😂

Back
Top Bottom