Coyotes too close

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodleroo

Snuggles with Chickens
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Rockport, Tx
I wrote this in another thread that was closed by the Mods. before I could post it. This is for discussion only, exchanging ideas in a pleasant and positive tone, please.

I have a theory about coyotes; what do you think about this:

Can we agree that canines as a species like to play? I mean chase a ball, chase each other, wrestle, that kind of thing? I think we would agree that they do. Could it be that since human subdivisions are found closer and closer to coyote habitat, that the coyote 'canines' are learning to live within human perimiters where there is an abundance of garbage, small pets and 'things' to play with?

I believe that the potential for problems between coyotes and children happens when a child is exhibiting behavior that is attractive to a coyote; playing with a ball or other toy like a skateboard. Coyotes that are used to seeing humans and lose their fear of them may see the child as a playmate and want to, and sometimes do, join in the fun of 'chasing and wrestling'. It may not be so much of an attack as just rough 'play'.

My advice for parents that live where coyotes are near is: WATCH YOUR CHILDREN. If a coyote could snatch your child, then a human predator could just as easily. I assure you; I work in the court system and humans are the real threat to your unsupervised children...

Ops. I'm sorry; not trying to cause trouble, I just honestly want to know...I'll ask that it be closed and repost some other time. Again, my appologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom