1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coyotes

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Carols Clucks, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Just in case you think they don't hunt in the day light hours.

I took this about noon today, from the parking lot at the apartment complex I manage. The neighbor here has chickens, but the Coyote was hunting ground squirrels (and cats)

[​IMG]

They are used to people, I have seen a family of them standing on a street corner, like they were waiting for the light to change, right at HS arrival time. With traffic backed up and students on bikes on the other side of the street.

[​IMG]

2. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    We see them out in the daytime all the time. [​IMG] And they are much bigger! Good pics though! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to carry my camera around so I can get some. [​IMG]

3. HLAC

HLAC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    Central Utah
    Yeah, I see coyotes and foxes during daylight hours quite frequently when I'm hunting. Even the raccoons and possums are up and out well after sunrise and before sunset.

It surprises me how many people think they are only active at night.

Here's some crummy cell pics from my stand just a few days ago.
    [​IMG]

You can see my bow in this picture as the 'yote passes right in front of my stand.
    [​IMG]

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    when human activity is at a minimum is when they hunt most days, in my limited experience since 1969

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by