Cozy coop and run

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Indychick, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Indychick

Indychick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here is a picture of our cozy little coop and run. The chickens seem pretty happy and after about a week in their house we are going to try to free range them a little bit each day. We can't wait!

[​IMG]

We live in the city and notice we have a privacy fence - unfortunately, we see possums and raccoons walking along top of the fence at night. We were very scared of a chicken assault so we tacked down a bunch of chicken wire around the bottom of the run and staked it down (for diggers) and covered it with dirt and mulch. Even though it is secure, I end up just shutting the door at night. I sleep better that way!

2. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Looks very nice [​IMG] Love the Red.

My girls want to color ours purple green and blue, hmmm wonder what that would look like [​IMG]

3. wings

wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:It would look awesome! [​IMG]

I love the coop. I was thinking of painting my coop that color... [​IMG]

4. addiedunn

addiedunn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    That's awesome, Indy. We have a lot of raccoon and possum here in Beech Grove, too. Are you close?
    YAY!!! For city chickens.
    [​IMG]

5. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Very cute coop, great paint job [​IMG]

6. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    It is so cute! Did you build it yourself?

7. Indychick

Indychick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wish I can say we built it ourselves but we didn't. We got it from an Amish company, but we did build the run!

I wish I was handy, but by golly...

Addiedunn, we are north of the city near the Broadripple area. We live near the White river so we get TONS of wildlife. In fact, a few neighbors have seen fox (not surprising) and coyote (very surprising). One of our neighbor's cats actually lived through a coyote attack. Even though we are on a pretty busy street, the Deer, possums, coons, owls, everything don't seem to hesitate to knock on our door. I think they are used living in the city!

8. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Even if you didn't build it, that is a VERY nice little home for them! [​IMG] I bet they will be happy there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by