Cracked egg with chick developing??

Hope the egg goes well, as for the candling, i have learned from experience that eggs on day seven or more if they do not have an air sac whether they smell or not they end up exploding.
Good to know! On day 14 I took out all the eggs that lit up or had blood rings. I was left with 31 after that that went into lockdown. A couple of these didn’t have much of an air cell but since I wasn’t sure, I put them in anyway. So I really hope they don’t explode.
I had advice earlier to sniff them every day, so I’ve been doing that.

I live on the BI ... very wet today.
I don't think the CO will make much difference, even if you're doing a dry hatch, once lockdown I've read that the humidity should be 70% ... So I understand your concern. Lets get some that may know more ....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...h-eggs-using-the-dry-incubation-method.47694/

:bow@Kiki @Eggcessive @EggSighted4Life @oldhenlikesdogs
Your help would be appreciated ... Thank you in advance :hugs
Ahh I know right?? I’m in Mountain View and it’s pouring. I have my hot hands packs out in case the power goes out. 😭And was extra regretting adding so much water on Friday... I hope the hydrometer is correct. I saw somewhere that there shouldn’t be condensation.

Thank you so much for tagging people! Any advice I can get about hatching in this climate would be so great. Chicken people on here are so nice! 😍

My last batch I kept humidity between 30 - 40% the first 18 days. I used a Little Giant just like yours for lock down. I put a little water in each compartment and the humidity went to 80% plus the last 3 days. I didn't want to fiddle with it too much so I just left it. They all hatched just fine. Not saying that is the proper way or your 70% is good, just saying mine did ok with it that high.
Good to know! Thanks for telling me how it went for you. I’ve been a little concerned cause one egg is pipping now, but none of the others that I can see. Hopefully it’s just an early one 🤞🏼.

The first chick hatched this morning! It’s active and chirping but I was surprised to see its abdomen looks really fat/round. I really hope it’s not a sign of that mushy chick sickness since the humidity might be high. Or I’m just used to quail chicks and they’re all together so much smaller. 😂 the chick is a total cutie though anyway. It’s an F1 olive egger.

No sign of pipping yet from the cracked egg, but 3 others have that first pip crack.

Attachments

• F83E4835-A28F-444A-BC85-36D83817D970.jpeg
    F83E4835-A28F-444A-BC85-36D83817D970.jpeg
    416.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 8BDC6819-A343-4C89-B8A6-4EA4C4E54EF9.jpeg
    8BDC6819-A343-4C89-B8A6-4EA4C4E54EF9.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 9
The first chick hatched this morning! It’s active and chirping but I was surprised to see its abdomen looks really fat/round. I really hope it’s not a sign of that mushy chick sickness since the humidity might be high. Or I’m just used to quail chicks and they’re all together so much smaller. 😂 the chick is a total cutie though anyway. It’s an F1 olive egger.

No sign of pipping yet from the cracked egg, but 3 others have that first pip crack.
THe abdomen is round not because of mushy chick syndrome, i is because the chick is still absorbing the yolk. Once the others hatch you will see that all look like that until day two.

Back
Top Bottom