Cracks on the egg

Minniechickmama

Senora Pollo Loco
14 Years
Sep 4, 2009
Minnesota
I have one of my hens that is laying eggs that must not be sealing properly on one "end" and there are little cracks in them right after she lays. Is this something that I can correct by somehow feeding more calcium? Or is this the hen's problem? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the link. I think it has something to do with the fact that they all quit laying shortly after I got them, probably from the stress of relocating, and then our puppy who didn't want to leave them alone for a while. Now they seem comfortable and I boosted their protein with calf manna and I have 2 or 3 laying again. I haven't seen the cracks in a couple of days, but I will keep watching.
Thanks for the advice, folks.

Thanks for the link. I think it has something to do with the fact that they all quit laying shortly after I got them, probably from the stress of relocating, and then our puppy who didn't want to leave them alone for a while. Now they seem comfortable and I boosted their protein with calf manna and I have 2 or 3 laying again. I haven't seen the cracks in a couple of days, but I will keep watching.
Thanks for the advice, folks.

Back
Top Bottom