Crafters- What are you making???

Now, just so you know I will kill this thread, no one will answer and someone will just have to start a new one . . .but I have an idea brewing around in my head for my DS's bedroom. We are slowly but surely getting rid of our little white mice, which will make the room a lot more inviting . . .no, they don't smell, its just we have SO many cages because little boy mice DO not get along together. Anyway, we are slowly but surely getting ready to do it in Medieval. I have a student working on a huge oil painting of a castle, knight and dragon, and I want to make a bedspread and curtains. I printed off really good copies of knights and dragons, nothing too dramatic, and I was wondering if I "paint" them, after copying them onto fabric like you can do with tee's, could I just apply them to already made curtains? Using a special glue or applique method? I am a complete novice at sewing, and all my friends around here are so busy, I was hoping someone could help me. I know the bedspread has to be "put together" and i think I can handle that. I even thought about getting a solid color comforter and just "attaching" the painted sqs. on it too. Any input would be great!!!

Dog and Goat clothing for the winter months
smile.png

13220_nest_002.jpg

Quote:
One way may be to paint what you want on plain cotton. You could then apply with a fusible interfacing (available at all fabric stores) and iron onto curtains or bedspread- no sewing required. I would cut the painting and fusible interfacing at the same time so they match exactly. Just be careful that the fusible interfacing is completely under the painting or it will melt on to your iron.

Sandee

Quote:
One way may be to paint what you want on plain cotton. You could then apply with a fusible interfacing (available at all fabric stores) and iron onto curtains or bedspread- no sewing required. I would cut the painting and fusible interfacing at the same time so they match exactly. Just be careful that the fusible interfacing is completely under the painting or it will melt on to your iron.

Sandee

Thank you! I knew there had to be something that I could just iron on, but we have very limited fabric stores around here, and I will have to drive a few miles so want to be prepared when I get there!! Happy New Year!!

Quote:

Sandee

Thank you! I knew there had to be something that I could just iron on, but we have very limited fabric stores around here, and I will have to drive a few miles so want to be prepared when I get there!! Happy New Year!!

You can also print directly onto fabric. WalMart has some with the iron on product already on the back of the fabric. (fabric and craft department)The only downside is that it only comes in standard paper size to fit in the printer. The design could be cut out and attached. There are ways to set the ink so they are washable, but I haven't needed to do that, so I am not up to speed on directions for that process. There are also products available to make your own fabric photo transfer sheets.

Hi,
i''m new here,
love crafting and creating
here' is what i am working on now -
horse hugz pillows, a local tack shop is carring them which i am very
excited about, and the state Quarter horse Assoc. ordered some
for they're year end awards for they're leadline and walk trot kids
if this works, you will see them
happy crafting everyone!
46247_img_4068.jpg

Back
Top Bottom