Crafters- What are you making???

Thanks everyone, Wheatie is a great little house chicken and we adore her. As for saddles, they are used to protect the backs of hens when the roosters mate with them. Sometimes the roosters pull out feathers and cause balding on their favorite girls back. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me.

thank you for the information. one more question answered:D
still think they would look cute in them even if they didn't need them
(this coming from someone who dresses up her dogs and horse-hehe)

Quote:
Some people like to play dress up with their chickens too!
wink.png

Quote:
I love the ruffles above the tail! So adorable! and the polka dots are cute, too
smile.png
What kind of fabric do you use? Is it something that resists getting too dirty from the roo's muddy feet?

Quote:
The white polka dot is heavy duty cotton, I haven't tested the dirty roo feet factor but the saddles are washable. The orange are heavy duty cotton/rayon so they would resist dirt effectively. I also have a blue and red one as well as a green and pink one that is made of upholstery material that is stain resistant. I have also made one for a lady that is lined with fleece. It is not really for protection from the roo but for warmth since the bird is a little bantam that loves being outside.
We have a saddle on one of our Buff Orpingtons that is made out of denim; it has held up well despite being handmade
hmm.png

AHappyChick-PM me anytime if you ever need one.

Quote:
The white polka dot is heavy duty cotton, I haven't tested the dirty roo feet factor but the saddles are washable. The orange are heavy duty cotton/rayon so they would resist dirt effectively. I also have a blue and red one as well as a green and pink one that is made of upholstery material that is stain resistant. I have also made one for a lady that is lined with fleece. It is not really for protection from the roo but for warmth since the bird is a little bantam that loves being outside.
We have a saddle on one of our Buff Orpingtons that is made out of denim; it has held up well despite being handmade
hmm.png

AHappyChick-PM me anytime if you ever need one.

I have a red sex link and a couple EE girls and a wyandotte who all 4 are our wyandotte roo's favorites. He's so big and ungainly right now (only 7 months old) that it takes a while to mount and his feet slip and cause feathers to fall out on them. My other roo is a little better at mounting, but he's smaller.

anyway, when I have some money, I might want to get a few of these from you
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom