Crafters- What are you making???

Very nice Cyn.
smile.png
Cheerful!

I have a question for you though, a few pages back you had a quilt with the "ribbon star" on it. I really like that pattern and went to find it on line but their ribbon stars are different.
hmm.png
Is there another name for it? I'd like to try it.

You know, I had made two of those blocks years ago. When I tried to find it again, I could never find that exact pattern by that name. MissPrissy found one similar and I made that one, which is the center star in that quilt, but never did find another one. This is the one that MissPrissy found for me:

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/qb/mccallsquilting/pattern_200_2/index.html

200_2_fpblk.jpg

I will see if I can find that other one. I think it may have been called something like Twisted Ribbon Star or Woven Ribbon or other similar name, but never did find the exact block I used for the first two.

Here is a similar one called Woven Ribbons from quilterscache
http://www.quilterscache.com/W/WovenRibbonsBlock.html

WovenRibbons.gif

Just found this page, too. This is neat! Very similar, but asymmetrical version of it.

http://www.reocities.com/pcpiecers/galaxystar.html

fpgalstrdesign9.jpg

Some friends of mine from my old job are opening a Boutique for local artists. Right now I am making some pre-lim Pieces in order to show them to see if they want to consign my items. I think all of my crafty ideas are finally coming together for a more unified vision, rather than having a bunch of discombobulated ideas floating above my head. It is so exciting!!! I don't have pictures right now, but I plan to take some and put them up as soon and I get everything smoothed out.

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Pictures later!!!!!

Completed the baby/lap quilt and have it up for auction in BSA.
big_smile.png
I think it's very cheerful! Was a nice change from the darker tones I've been working with lately. Sorry about the lighting, the sun was almost down and I have a crappy camera for low light. Loses lots of detail in that light.

348_dcp_5297.jpg

Quote:
Me too! I'm so surprised that none of my friends know how to do basic mending! I'm not into the hand sewing thing though. I have 3 machines I use for different tasks and only hand sew when I have to (which is very rarely). Oh, to answer your other question, a duvet cover is what we call the cover you put over the comforter/duvet. But yes, we rarely call it a duvet, we call it a comforter. Not sure why. It seems they used to be called duvets until about 30 years ago.
hu.gif
The cover however is always called a duvet cover, not a comforter cover. Really can't figure that one out.
roll.png

Beautiful quilts and blocks speckledhen!

Last edited:
Quote:
Me too! I'm so surprised that none of my friends know how to do basic mending! I'm not into the hand sewing thing though. I have 3 machines I use for different tasks and only hand sew when I have to (which is very rarely). Oh, to answer your other question, a duvet cover is what we call the cover you put over the comforter/duvet. But yes, we rarely call it a duvet, we call it a comforter. Not sure why. It seems they used to be called duvets until about 30 years ago.
hu.gif
The cover however is always called a duvet cover, not a comforter cover. Really can't figure that one out.
roll.png

Beautiful quilts and blocks speckledhen!

I'm always in awe of the quilts people here make - I don't have enough patience!
and I'm not into hand sewing either, I have no choice at the moment. my sock-snake took days, when it could have taken minutes on a machine...

I am forever grateful to my grandmother (and my mother) for making sure I know how to mend things. And frugality - fabric is fabric, it doesnt't have to come neat and cut from a roll in a shop, old clothes are a great supply and are free!

I get to thank my 9th grade Home-Ec teacher for teaching me how to sew. My Mom doesn't sew either!
lol.png

My Grandma is the one who taught me how to crochet but I forgot it all and had to learn again when my 12 year old insisted I teach her how as her birthday present. She is 30 now and still loves to crochet.
smile.png

Quote:
My 8th grade Home-Ec teacher taught me how to sew on a machine (basics) and my grandma taught me how to hand sew and embroider.My mom never liked to do anything like that, she could grow a good garden and fish and hunt but anything "crafty" she had no interest.I could and have sat at the sewing machine all day, and loved every minute of it, and hand sewing is my speciality but the quilting you all do on here is amazing.Thank you for posting them they are inspirational.

Quote:
My 8th grade Home-Ec teacher taught me how to sew on a machine (basics) and my grandma taught me how to hand sew and embroider.My mom never liked to do anything like that, she could grow a good garden and fish and hunt but anything "crafty" she had no interest.I could and have sat at the sewing machine all day, and loved every minute of it, and hand sewing is my speciality but the quilting you all do on here is amazing.Thank you for posting them they are inspirational.

bow.gif
I have to bow to any one that can specialize in hand sewing.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom