Crafters- What are you making???

39455_little_number.jpg

This was almost as yummy to make as eating cotton candy! I hope it fits. I really love my new embroidery machine.

Next, I'm on a mission to figure out how to do padded satin-stitching on a machine or with an embroidery machine. Anyone???
wink.png

Also, I just picked up the Martha Stewart CD #2... anyone have #1 lying around I'd love to buy it from you or borrow it!!!

Quote:
i bet it will look good when you are done!
big_smile.png

not really, but my sewing machine is in storage and since I had an old cover here I could cut up to make sheets I can't afford to waste money on buying any.. it'll do.

Quote:
i bet it will look good when you are done!
big_smile.png

not really, but my sewing machine is in storage and since I had an old cover here I could cut up to make sheets I can't afford to waste money on buying any.. it'll do.

You sound like me ebwy. I hate to spend money on something I don't have to. I think that's the main reason I learned to sew. Now I just need to learn how to cobble shoes.
wink.png
I hate shoe shopping! My girl friends tease me that I'm missing the "shoe gene".
lol.png
I just can't get over how much they charge for a decent pair of shoes! I usually leave in frustration 'cause I can't bring myself to pay more for something than I feel it's worth.
roll.png

Quote:

You sound like me ebwy. I hate to spend money on something I don't have to. I think that's the main reason I learned to sew. Now I just need to learn how to cobble shoes.
wink.png
I hate shoe shopping! My girl friends tease me that I'm missing the "shoe gene".
lol.png
I just can't get over how much they charge for a decent pair of shoes! I usually leave in frustration 'cause I can't bring myself to pay more for something than I feel it's worth.
roll.png

I figure with cot sheets what they look like really doesn't matter - they're just going to be vomitted or peed on anyway!
so I wasn't as neat as I could have been... and the fabric is cotton but it's an old duvet cover (I think you call them comforters? the things you put on the bed!) cut up... used to be the baby's father's when he was adolecent. Not a pattern I would have chosen but since they were already here and sheets to fit this cot are £10 for 2... my rough sewing on fabric I wouldn't have chosen will do!

I actually have friends who would throw clothes away if they got torn rather than fixing them! I mean, kids clothes etc too. Not for best, just for playing in. I think that's insane, I made one of them's son wrap a towel around himself in my house once and fixed his trousers for him... because they were too nice to be thrown out just for one little rip! His mother looked on, amazed that they could be fixed!

I don't throw clothes out, I recycle them into something else once they're unwearable. Hence the sock-snake a few pages back on this thread... and the baby shoes made from a flannel and his daddy's old underwear (also just a little way back in this thread) I need my sewing machine back from storage, all this hand sewing takes too long.

Ebwy - currently wearing trousers with patched holes in and a tshirt with a permanent stain, because she's at home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom