Crafters- What are you making???

I am soooo excited!!!! I am getting a Pfaff embroidery/sewing machine, I think it will be here on Tues.
big_smile.png
Does anyone have one of these?
celebrate.gif
No but it's way up there on my wish list! CONGRATS!!! Let us know how you like it. :)

I Love all the egg projects!! But how do you blow out an egg?
idunno.gif

Some folks blow eggs by poking a hole on each end, breaking the yolk and then litereally blowing on the egg. I take the lazier route and use one of these: http://www.amazon.com/HearthSong®-E...TF8&qid=1360151661&sr=8-2&keywords=egg+blower

After blowing out the egg I use a syringe to fill it back up with water/vineger and blow that back out...a few times until i see no more bubbles; then I microwave for like 15 seconds (do that few times to make sure it gets dry.

Some folks blow eggs by poking a hole on each end, breaking the yolk and then litereally blowing on the egg. I take the lazier route and use one of these: http://www.amazon.com/HearthSong®-E...TF8&qid=1360151661&sr=8-2&keywords=egg+blower

After blowing out the egg I use a syringe to fill it back up with water/vineger and blow that back out...a few times until i see no more bubbles; then I microwave for like 15 seconds (do that few times to make sure it gets dry.

lol.. same one I use.. but I hate their "drill" that comes with it..

so the link in my signature for blowing out emu eggs tells it all.. lol

lol.. same one I use.. but I hate their "drill" that comes with it..

so the link in my signature for blowing out emu eggs tells it all.. lol

I can see where their drill may not work so well on emu eggs! I've only blown chicken eggs and it's seemed to work ok on them. You should try drying the eggs in the microwave, just put a paper towel in the bottom of a microwave safe bowl, set the egg on top (hole should be up so air can escape) and microwave for 15-20 seconds. I do it a few times, you can put more than one egg in the bowl... but warning the shells are really hot when they come out!

I use a Dremel with a diamond shaping bit. I start the holes by sanding with the bit flat on the egg and once I get small spot I drill at a 90° angle to make it big enough for the ribbon I use to hang them. I use a large livestock syringe to suck out the yolk & whites. I tried it with only 1 whole but I imploded the eggs.

Quote: So far so good I actualy did some embroidery today and it worked like a charm, I only have one spool of thread lol so I couldnt do much I am waiting for my 100 spools to come in the mail. Theres a learning curve but the book and on screen insturctions are pretty easy to follow. So much to learn
smile.png
what a fun toy!!

Back
Top Bottom