craigs list not working!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mgw, Jul 29, 2010.

1. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    We put a post on craigs list to give away our two roosters, and no one has responded. Does anyone know of a better way to find a home for them?? Open to all idea's thanks!!

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    How long have you had the ad up?

You can also try Ebay Classifieds. They are also free.

3. BonnieJean

BonnieJean Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    Connecticut
    I just found my rooster a new home, and I typed "keywords" into my ad- a line or two after the end, I wrote something like "keywords: chicken, rooster, roo, cockerel..." so that if someone typed in any of those words my ad would pop up. Good luck!

4. mgw

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Quote:1 week or so should we repost every day to keep it near the front??

5. mgw

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Quote:that is a good idea thnk you

6. swordgeek

swordgeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Westford, MA
    Is there a 4-H aviculture club anywhere near you who might be willing to pass along information? Try contacting the local leader and give as much info as you can about your boys. [​IMG] Our club re-posts messages like this pretty often.

7. vpeterson

vpeterson Chillin' With My Peeps

If your local feed store has a bulliten board you could post a sign for them. I have had a lot of response from people when I've done that. Also, instead of free, may ask for 5-3 $. People like a bargain and wonder why you are giving something free away. They may think that you are desperate.

8. chicksbestfriend

chicksbestfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    People here turn in their unwanted roosters to the local humane society and they do end up getting adopted out. Good luck finding Mr. Roo a good home!

9. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I have yet to get rid of a roo by itself for free or otherwise. I either butcher them or if I have extra hens throw in a free roo if they buy hens. I've gotten rid of lots of them by offering them free with hens.

10. atimme

atimme Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Chicago
    Repost every day, include key words, and include photos! That's how you get rid of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by