Craigslist concern?

because of what I do I don't give my address out. My kids have had friends just "drop in" and it usually only happens once before they know better to call ahead. 1st line of defense has four legs, fury, looks mean as all get out, but will lick you to death. 2nd line of defense is old, has a straw hat on, eyesight going bad, hair going gray, and foul/fowl tempered...
wee.gif

Well I am glad that I am not the only one who had concerns. Spelling and grammar are both pet peeves of mine, even though I make mistakes on occasion, but that can be overlooked. However what really concerned me was his insistence on knowing where we lived. He was not satisfied with a city, which is the most you need in the beginning to just judge distance, but wanted a specific address. He has not written back, but I will be sure to post what he says, when he does.

Maybe give him a road that touches your road. Like say I lived on balalalalala road that intersects figigigigig road. Tell him I live near figigigigig road.

Yes that is a bit creepy but I will admit I do personally like to see the environment where the animal I am wanting currently lives. I am big about it well except for maybe some people here on BYC but Craigslist for me is just creepy altogether lol. But I have bought from a person on there but it was from a nice family who I spoke with over the phone. I just don't know about emails I personally like to talk to them on the phone, but of course I never pick up first phone calls. If they really want my animal for sell they will leave a message and for me determining on how the message is giving and what is said would let me figure out whether I trust them with my animal. I do understand having people not knowing your address but I also have problems typing and speaking correctly especially if I am in a hurry. That would be something I would have said while my baby was crying and my four year old was jumping off of the walls at the same time. lol But I do like to ask if they mind if I can look at everything they have for sale. But I would say still be cautious I am just not to sure about some people on criagslist I don't know why.

Happens to me all the time. I just ignore badly worded replys.

Ex. "do you still have this? or " why are you selling this so cheap"

Learn to recognize the scammers who simply want your e-mail address and are phishing.

Use caution

Rancher

Poor spelling and grammar are red alerts on a resume or any kind of document. It can easily blow a job prospect for you. Most people at least know the basics. I know people make mistakes, that there are typos (myself included) and that nobody is perfect (I cant tell you how much it annoys me that my BF is always asking me how to spell something). I admit this is something I've had to learn to accept from the general public. I'm in my early twenties and have already won awards and been recognized for my reading and writing abilities, but it just comes naturally, not something I studied and learned, so it's just natural for something like that to bug me (I'm not trying to down anyone). I was merely trying to point out that most people at least know how to use their spacebar... Also, it seems to me that if a person doesn't care much about what they write or how they write it when inquiring about an animal (implying to me they may not take notice of details) then that person probably isn't a good match. I've turned down quite a few inquiries from people who couldn't write me a proper e-mail. Mostly I link this kind of spelling and grammar with scam artists. I've seen it all too often and admit to being scammed myself a few years ago. I have since been very judgemental and skeptical about every little detail right down to the person's e-mail address (especially anything from a gmail account or anything that says "Sent from my iPhone" which have more often than not linked to spam and scams).

Sorry if I sound so critical and I didnt mean to insult anyone. It was just something that would tip me off and I pointed it out.

ETA: Fixing typos
lol.png

Last edited:
I would not rehome an animal to somebody who can't spell and use correct grammer when they respond to an ad. Period. To me, that in itself is a HUGE red flag.

Toni... i would not stress about the guy..
he probably just wanted to SEE the ducks before he bought them...
He may not trust you either.. he may have been screwed over by sellers before too..
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom