Craigslist concern?

tonini3059

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv
11 Years
Nov 6, 2008
Southwestern PA
I made a posting for call ducklings and turkey poults for sale on craigslist. I had a guy inquire about them and the conversation follows. The listing is similar to what I have on here, but if you want to see it then, here it is: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/1814034268.html

Him
: hi I'm looking at the lady duckand maybe more can you tell me wear
your at so we can look at what you got

So I responded something to the effect: The duck in the picture is of the parents. She is not for sale but her ducklings are.

Him: I would love too come out to see them but you address is missing from the web sight and the e-mail too how do ifind you ????

So I wrote: We do not give out our address because we practice biosecurity and do not want anyone we do not know showing up and possibly contaminating our flock. It happened once in the past and I will do what I can to avoid it happening again. I do apologize, but that is our policy. However if you are interested in purchasing some birds we are more than happy to meet somewhere. In addition we also attend the buy/sell/trade at the Fayette county fairground, which are held the third Sunday of every month.

Now does anyone else get some bad vibes coming from this? I generally think the best of people and may be a little naive, but even this made me nervous. We have alot of time and money invested in our birds and do not want anything to happen to them.

We will meet CL "people" at the local mall parking lot. It's much easier to find than our out of the way house. Get it? Also, do not go alone. It is unfortunate that we live in a society with contagious germs and bad people. Be careful and enjoy those ducks! We just got a 12 wk old pair of East Indies-LOVE THEM!

Follow your first mind. Yes, I get a bad feeling. Felt kinda creepy just reading his remarks. Stay away from that fella. Ignore his calls, emails, etc. Always meet on neutral grounds. And always have someone with you. Be careful.

Quote:
please dont judge people on the level of education or by how fluent they speak English.

this may be a bad a$$ looking for trouble.... or a new american looking for a pet for his grand daughter..... or even somebody with a disability

Quote:
This bugs me, but I don't immediately think that someone is bad and I don't think that was what DragonEggs was implying. Bad spelling and grammar are a huge pet peeve to me but unfortunately, it is really, really common. So to answer the OP's concern, I got a bad feeling from those messages too. Not just because of my pet peeve for bad s/g, but because of his insistent and frequent question of what your address was.

Quote:
I WILL meet people alone in the grocery store parking lot, in daylight. And I always have pepper spray in my front pocket and a huge pocketknife in the back pocket. Last year I had a guy who really scared me here at the house, I no longer do any business here. On the rare occasion that DH is home I make an exception, but he will be outside too. No one goes near my pens anymore.

I always meet at a public place and do NOT give out personal address.

If someone asks how to contact or blah blah...

I just say, will be available to meet at x time at x place, period.

Quote:
This bugs me, but I don't immediately think that someone is bad and I don't think that was what DragonEggs was implying. Bad spelling and grammar are a huge pet peeve to me but unfortunately, it is really, really common. So to answer the OP's concern, I got a bad feeling from those messages too. Not just because of my pet peeve for bad s/g, but because of his insistent and frequent question of what your address was.

Yep.

I'm more concerned on knowledge of care. First thing I ask when rehoming is what are you keeping her in, feeding her, and how much time do you have for her. I make sure they know basic care.

Back
Top Bottom