1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Craigslist flaggers aahhhh

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lifesong Farm, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Lifesong Farm

Lifesong Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    I really really wish I could reach through the computer and slap people! I placed an add for the pup that was dumped. He is about 5 months old. I have decided I am not going to keep him like we thought we would. I just have waaayyyy to much going on.

The add I placed was something like...5 month old male red Aussie pup. Has had 3 puppy shots still needs rabies and neutered. I have gotten him up to weight and he is ready for his new home. He knows sit, down and has been on a leash a few times. I have started socialization and he is coming along well but will need more work. A home with older kids only. 75 but negotiable to the right home.

I think I mentioned he shows interest in herding my goats.

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    What section did you post the ad?

3. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    I hate flaggers!!!!! all of my chicken ads get flagged!

4. Lifesong Farm

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    Quote:The pets section. Maybe I should try farm.

5. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:The pets section. Maybe I should try farm.

Well you posted in the right section. Try posting again under the same section (PETS). There are some people that have nothing better to do but flag ads. Sorry to hear about your ad being flagged. Probably some young kid with nothing else to do but flag ads. Try posting again and keep posting. They'll get tired of flagging.

6. geosheets

geosheets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Ohio
    It's because you are not allowed to 'sell' pets on craigslist... you can advertise it for adoption with a 'rehoming fee'... just got to make sure you word it correctly

7. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:You're right. I didn't noticed the (75). Yep, you can't sell animals on craigslist. That's why they flagged you. Good observation.

8. Lifesong Farm

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    Ya but are people really so stupid... the title was rescued Aussie pup ready for forever home.

Editing to add: I am just getting burned out on rescueing. I have started thinking it may be more humane to just put the animals down than deal with idiots anymore.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  9. foxinachickenhouse

foxinachickenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    My understanding is that you can ask for an "adoption fee" in the Pets section. Mention that it is just to cover your expenses. If it is a working dog you can sell it in the farm and garden section like livestock. But you have to specify that too like, "This is a working dog not a pet".

People may still flag it even still.

10. Cowgirlgrace

Cowgirlgrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You're right. I didn't noticed the (75). Yep, you can't sell animals on craigslist. That's why they flagged you. Good observation.

You can sell animals on Craigslist. It just has to be farm animals and list them in the Farm section.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by