Craigslist flakes.

Dogfish

Rube Goldberg incarnate
9 Years
Mar 17, 2010
Western Washington
So I place an add last week offering up turkey poults, turkey eggs, and pheasant eggs. I start getting calls.

Can you hold the eggs for a few weeks? "No, the eggs will have gone bad by then."

Can you feed them for a week or two? "Sure, pay for feed in advance, or pay $3 more per bird."

Can I pay part now, part later "No."

I'd really like some eggs next week. "Great, call back when you are ready. I'll have more then"

My incubator isn't clean. "Great, clean it, get it going, come get eggs" Well.........

Really, if I could track them down, there would be a bit of a body count. I might even make the news.

One guy couldn't even talk. Literally, he spoke clear english in spurts. He kept on forgetting what he was saying, lost his train of thought more than three times. I swear I heard him breathing out of his mouth. Maybe he was pausing to lick the window.

If the crap hits the fan, we really need to do some culling, quickly. Yes, I mean people.

5 great deals in a row, and now a snowstorm of flakes. I guess I was due.

Just gotta love CL. Really how do these flakes survive day to day.
th.gif

Craigslist is the bomb...I can entertain myself for hours by perusing the ads...lol... People will totally degrade people they know so that they can peddle their stuff while taking the competition out of it. Make up some uncalled for crap,wait a few hours then post your stuff of the same type... Make innocent people suffer. Then there are the idiots who should be back in school rather than on CL. Then there are the people who make you want to laugh so hard you almost quit breathing and turn purple.!!!... Someone recently has been going through CL in my area screwing with people.Some has been serious lies,some just jokes. Most of it has been posts about having something they need to get rid of fast for free or VERY cheap. (due to moving ,etc...).Causing tons of people to constantly bombard them with calls. One of them the other day got someone I knew. A friend calls me up asking if there was anyway to find out who posts something on CL.I reply I didn't believe so,but you can email them and see if they reply.He tells me someone posted on there about someone we knew.Nothing bad...actually quite funny if you had heard him.... Someone posted an ad about him "renting" chickens.Yes I said renting. Something about they had too many,he wanted em gone but his wife wouldnt let him get rid of em.So...he decides if he 'rented' them out,then he hadn't really gotten rid of them. So as my buddy is trying to read this post (which sounds like it was written by the offspring of Larry the cable guy meets the swamp people) he is laughing so freaking hard he gets me to laughing. He sounds like he's turning purple laughing so hard so it makes me laugh harder. Well apparently our friend wasn't as amused by it as we were. He's still cussing about it. It was priceless. Wish I could commend the person who did it... I think it made the day...lol

I was selling chickens and quails on CL I did OK. I had a person tell me "if you don't sell me your turkeys I won't buy your chickens!!"
I tried telling them my turkeys are not for sale. Didn't work. LOL

My daughter was selling a pony. A man asked for our address to see the horse. He also asked when we would be there. Then after he had all the information he got weird. He asked my daughter if the pony was friendly. Then asked if he could be left alone with the pony to make sure she was freindy. I really hated the thought that this guy had our address.

Do any of you ever fear that the people will come a take your birds when you are not home? I always meet them somewhere. I only meet people once a week at a set time for everyone. It is not worth it to me to sit around and wait for flakes. I just tell them I am busy. If they can't make it , too bad for them. I never have them come to my house. I don't want the disease they could have on there shoes.

I have a theory that nature her self will correct this problem with earthquakes flooding and other natural disasters its happening now all around us it will kill off all the people too stupid to run away hell its a start

Back
Top Bottom