Craigslist flakes.

I love how 9/10 people who agree to show up at a certain time don't show up at all, or show up 45+ minutes late and neither call me or apologize for their lateness. But they don't have any excuse not to mention that they're running late because they call me to let me know they're waiting at the gate....so obviously they have their cell phone but they couldn't be bothered with the simple courtesy.

Sometimes I am tempted to ignore them when they show up and when they're about to give up I go out and say OH I was expecting you about an hour ago so I didn't think anybody would be here!

Also, the people who can't be bothered to figure out where they're going before they drive to my house, so they call me in a panic for directions...

"head west on X-street"

"I don't know which way is west!"

"um..."

"I'll just drive around a bunch."

Last edited:
Quote:
Dogfish, I am also in Western Wa. Your comments, lol. I just started a blog, after being begged to do so by friends. A blog to write such silly things. I've started the blog, "Flooding River Chicken Cult" but haven't made any entries yet. This blog will contain (should I add them) all of the people that have caused me to laugh (hysterically) at them behind their back. No one is immune, however. A couple of close friends begging for the blog will be victims of my blog.

I'm mean, really what do you say to someone who calls you late at night and says it's an emergency and they need to know what to do because their chicken has roosted in a tree and is not in the hen house? All I can think to say is "Did you chop down the tree before you called me? If not, go do that now." (The really funny stuff will be saved for the blog.)

Dogfish, part of me is tempted to ask you to forward your loonies to my email just for good subject matter, but the sad truth is, I don't need them. LOL

Well, I'll quit rambling so you can get back to feeding your eggs.
tongue.png

Quote:
I absolutely refuse to do business with people who are late and won't show respect by making a call to request a later meeting.

I have found bird people to be eggceptional. I have only had minor loony dealings -- but then again, I do screen their emails, lol. I've had very good luck with the people I've dealt with. They just go overboard loving their birds and they make me laugh.

Once this woman showed up to buy a couple silkies for me. She looked at my bird runs and went tsk tsk. My birds have a very lovely coop, very nice - not like this...

I was tempted to say, you probably shouldnt buy birds from me then, my ghetto birds might not fit in well with your snooty ones!

I won't even put up a phone number. I'd rather deal with the spam than the local loonies.

Finally sold a few birds and eggs today to 3 people. All on time.

I'll never meet them here, as I don't want their bird diseases here, and I don't want my broodstock stolen. Happened to a friend, buyer insisted on seeing the broodstock. Two days later, stolen. Guess who they saw on the video? Yup.

Found a great blog that refers to the mouth breathers as "cod bags". http://codbag.blogspot.com/ Funny thing is, I met every one of them yesterday.

Enjoy the link!

Quote:
I absolutely refuse to do business with people who are late and won't show respect by making a call to request a later meeting.

I have found bird people to be eggceptional. I have only had minor loony dealings -- but then again, I do screen their emails, lol. I've had very good luck with the people I've dealt with. They just go overboard loving their birds and they make me laugh.

i couldn't help that i was late when i went to pick up my first chickens, my parents got lost because they had never been in the area the person lived in!

Quote:

i couldn't help that i was late when i went to pick up my first chickens, my parents got lost because they had never been in the area the person lived in!

That's not the same and you know it!
cool.png

People have called because they were lost, etc. I give a "window" of time. I'm not cold, but someone who calls an hour AFTER they were expected because they saw a garage sale, etc., they don't get my bird.

I've been late, gotten lost, too. But I also know to plan ahead, leave early, and pick up the phone the moment it looks like I might be late. Courtesy, not rigidity.

(*hands chickenrandomness a map for the parents and a cellphone with the clock/appointments set for the screen saver*)

Last edited:
Quote:
I think meeting people in a public place is a great idea. Much safer! I have also heard of birds being stolen after someone has advertised. There's some rotten people out there.

Back
Top Bottom