Craigslist image thieves!

One should post that the bird/eggs in the photo are courticy of so-n-so and not photos of their items for sale.

I've got to do that all the time with my illustrations. I even had to translate an email into italian to ***** out a major dog magazine site, they used my drawing for their logo!......wth is wrong with people!

Quote:
Ebay is a little different... below is the text from ebays policies. If you had used that picture on ebay and didn't opt out of having it included in their product catalog, they can use it. In your seller settings this defaults to allowing images to be added to the catalog... you have to go in and change the setting to opt out.

"You can use images and text descriptions from the eBay product catalog in your listings without violating this policy. The product catalog may include, at our discretion, select seller-generated images or photos from seller listings. Unless the seller opts out of this program, the inclusion of such seller-generated photos in the eBay product catalog and the use of catalog content by eBay sellers in their eBay listings is authorized under the User Agreement."

here's a link to the info on ebay http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

Quote:
Ebay is a little different... below is the text from ebays policies. If you had used that picture on ebay and didn't opt out of having it included in their product catalog, they can use it. In your seller settings this defaults to allowing images to be added to the catalog... you have to go in and change the setting to opt out.

"You can use images and text descriptions from the eBay product catalog in your listings without violating this policy. The product catalog may include, at our discretion, select seller-generated images or photos from seller listings. Unless the seller opts out of this program, the inclusion of such seller-generated photos in the eBay product catalog and the use of catalog content by eBay sellers in their eBay listings is authorized under the User Agreement."

here's a link to the info on ebay http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

Yeah, the thing is that the seller didn't use a catalog image, but an image they found online. That's what makes a difference. And I changed my personal settings so my images couldn't be cataloged a long time ago.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom