Craigslist image thieves!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Illia, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Okay, so I've been finding that the Seattle area Craigslist has a reputation for sellers who steal images of other people's chickens to display and sell their own. One of them even showed Speckledhen's Ameraucana hen, Charlotte. They were trying to sell "purebed Ameraucanas" and among their random photos of other people's Easter Eggers, her Ameraucana was present, along with a Feathersite photo. Well, I stepped in and told them they're stealing images of birds that aren't theirs, and they thought I was being rude and unnecessary.

So, I again have found an ad for Marans eggs - However, I KNOW the owner to the pictured eggs is not even from Washington state, but I can't find or remember who it is who has these beautiful eggs. So if you are the actual owner or know who it is, I'd love for you, as the real owner, to step in and say something to the seller. [​IMG]

Here's the photo they used.

[​IMG]

Here's the ad.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/grd/2045555591.html

2. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

The polite thing to do is ask permission to use people's photos. I did for the splash silkie photo in my website.

3. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  4. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    I just sent her a PM about this thread.

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Would a flagging team be out of line here?

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I think one should be in order. Even if the seller did have permission, - if you've got Marans eggs to show, you should show your own - Otherwise you're conning the buyer.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I had someone steal....and yes it's theft to use someone's else's picture without permission....one of my pictures and use it on their ebay listing. I finally got them to take it down after I reported them to ebay and emailed them several times. Another BYCer saw it and let me know about it. If your product isn't good enough to use your own pictures maybe you shouldn't be selling it!

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Where was that ad selling my Charlotte? Her owner will have a talk with this person and flag the ad. [​IMG]

9. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Could it be that they got to use it because they got their stock through her eggs? Just a thought.

10. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    I just saw the ad with the person selling the "auricanas". Are those the feathersite photos?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by